In the Valley of Gods - Firewatch in the pyramids

Well, they picked a good time of year to move to Seattle at least. Enjoy the sunlight while you can, Californians. Mwa-ha-ha-haaaaa …

Sean and Jake did a great job providing reasonable answers to John Walker’s cynical questions.

I really loved Firewatch. Sad that Valley will be their last game before Campo Santo transitions to working on trading cards and Counterstrike gun skins.

You meant hats for TF2, right?

This is my primary concern. Idle Thumbs shows are a highlight of my week and I was a kickstarter and am a Patreon backer. I sure hope the shows survive.

I’m worried that ItVoG might well be on indefinite hiatus as the announcement they were joining Valve was the last blog post made either on the game on for their journal.

Could also be simply a case of corporate PR taking over and the team not being able to post about the development as they used to. Valve is a rather secretive company.

I don’t have any evidence either way, but I assume they were brought into the Valve fold partly because Valley was so promising. I have a hard time imagining it’s on hiatus. Hope I’m not being naive!

Yeah, there’s been no podcasts from them since then either (as I predicted), so I wouldn’t read too much into it beyond it being the Valve information vortex.

Jake posted on ResetEra recently that they definitely want to start podcasting again, but they’ve just been crazy busy with moving their lives to Seattle and settling into their roles at Valve:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/11257030/

Steam page is up for this, not sure when that happened! Added to the wishlist.

I think that might be the least impressive set of screenshots ever.

Still, wishlisted!

I remember seeing that steam page months ago and it still says that “Campo Santo” is the developer / publisher instead of Valve. So I don’t think there’s anything new there.

I wonder if they’re still on track for 2019? They’ve been surprisingly silent.

And completely abandoned their podcast community. Makes me sad.

VALVE TIME in full effect no doubt. I am wondering if this will be a 2021 release at this rate? I was searching around for any type of news, and nothing.

I was wondering about this. Does the Idle Thumbs radio silence correlate with their move to Valve? (IIRC two out of the three hosts work at campo)

Yep. That’s exactly when the shows died. They didn’t even make an announcement that they were going on hiatus so I always wondered if it was some Valve policy getting in the way. Really miss those shows.

Well shheeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

I guess this will be on your wishlist for a looooooong time.

Yep… I bet the go VR with it down the road.