In the Valley of Gods - Firewatch in the pyramids

This seems really neat - why did @tomchick “hate the shit out of it”? I can’t find his review on the front page, who did he review it for?

Contrary to what wumpus said, I don’t have any opinion about this game because I haven’t played it and it’s not even out. He might be referencing what I thought about Firewatch, which I didn’t hate:

-Tom

That was a really cool article; thank you for sharing that. I kinda hope some version of that tech makes it out into the broader game dev community going forward :)

That makes a lot more sense. I read that line from @wumpus and was very confused. Thanks for the clarification!

Calling a video game “not a videogame” … IDK that seems like you hated it, to me.

Where did I say it wasn’t a videogame? That was my whole point! I took issue with it specifically because it was a videogame!

As for whether I hated it, I refer you to the Quarter to Three rating system. :)

-Tom

This game is now a Valve game! :-O

That seems… unexpected.

Well, I guess everyone can shut up about Valve not making any single player games.

Remember when Valve hired Clint Hocking and we got that awesome Valve-published immersive sim?

And apparently Tom hated the shit out of it.

Did I do that right?

You kids and your memes.

I don’t know how you can say that. We’ve been through this. Tom gave Half Life 3 three stars. That means he liked it.

John Walker asks and they answer, the big question, as far as I’m concerned:

Also, I notice there hasn’t been any Campo Santo podcast since the announcement, as I was worrying about in the other thread. Hoping its just moving madness, but not encouraging.

Well, they picked a good time of year to move to Seattle at least. Enjoy the sunlight while you can, Californians. Mwa-ha-ha-haaaaa …

Sean and Jake did a great job providing reasonable answers to John Walker’s cynical questions.

I really loved Firewatch. Sad that Valley will be their last game before Campo Santo transitions to working on trading cards and Counterstrike gun skins.

You meant hats for TF2, right?

This is my primary concern. Idle Thumbs shows are a highlight of my week and I was a kickstarter and am a Patreon backer. I sure hope the shows survive.

I’m worried that ItVoG might well be on indefinite hiatus as the announcement they were joining Valve was the last blog post made either on the game on for their journal.