In the year 2007

Way to nit-pick. He was basically right on.

Sure it’s a nit-pick, but it all depends on how you interpret his original prediction. When he wrote it did he mean that there would be a spin-off Sim City title (what we got) or did he really think Sim City V would meet his prediction? I’m not sure he should get credit for something vague. It certainly mattered to Sim City fans that Societies wasn’t Sim City V.

The Wii is showing signs of weakness?

Isn’t that how most psychics work? :)

I was trying to avoid using that word. I don’t really want to offend Rob.
:-)

…except Sim City Societies doesn’t look like animation–it is much closer to a realistic look than any version of the game.

Since I can’t automatically quote the bits of my post #2 in this thread where I said some bullshit about your predictions (or rather, I can’t quote the quotes of yours I already quoted), I’ll just go over my originals:

Right.

Spore ships in early December 2007.

Motherfuckin’ wrong-o-matic.

Supreme Commander develops a fierce cult following but does not reach Company of Heroes level of sales.

Right.

Company of Heroes major expansion pack in November 2007. (duh. also, can’t wait)

Right, not that it was hard to guess.

Hellgate: London has major server problems initially but rapidly develops the biggest online non-MMORPG community since Diablo II. (also duh)

Yeah, duh, alright. Wrongolio.

The 360 will have another sales spike in Japan driven by Lost Odyssey, and will wind up having about 10% the volume of the PS3 in Japan by end of 2007, which will be considered either a staggering victory or an unexpectedly strong defeat for Microsoft depending on whether you are K0NY or not.

Baaaaa ha ha haaaaa, what an idiot, me.

K0NY will continue to vacillate in a bipolar manner between relatively level-headed posts and raging fanboism.

Yep, until the banhammer crushed him like a tiny, tiny bug.

Dungsroman will call someone a fag.

Actually, wrong! Bill’s really eased up on that lingo.

Tom Chick will continue to beat Geryk like a gong anytime they play an RTS.

True dat. Fortunately for Geryk, he decided to play Solo Brain Surgeon permanently FTW.

How did I do?

Edit: From Wikipedia: “Ultimately, by the end of 2007, the game sold 1.5 million copies worldwide.” It deserved more.

Haha wrong.

Is this a joke post? Does it really matter?

It all depends on what the definition of “is” is.