In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

Yeah I saw that rumored from an “unidentified source” and immediately thought “Well, maybe it’s the catering guy who’s out of a gig or something.”

FTR, I really liked Agent Carter. It’d be cool if it at least got a couple of episodes to put some more closure on things, but que sera.

I guess Last Man on Earth cancellation was inevitable from the very beginning. I’m just really surprised that it was a big enough hit for a second season. The dark humor got very grim at times, and I’m amazed enough people found it appealing. I’m very happy with what we got though. I was saving a few episodes, but I think I’ll watch the last four episodes or so now that they’re about to expire on Hulu.

I want to watch Priyanka Chopra in something, I just wish it was in something a little less mediocre than Quantico.

Kind of bummed that You, Me and the Apocalypse looks sure to be cancelled, but I guess it may have been planned as a one-off from the start, given the premise. Anyone else been watching that one?

Supergirl gets a season 2, which means I should probably put it on my summer watch list!

Still bummed this isn’t the theme song.

It’s winding up much better than I’d counted on. Probably better than the ongoing season of Arrow (and definitely better than what we’ve seen of Legends of Tomorrow), but I think Flash and Agents of SHIELD still edge it out overall for 15-16.

I just saw a preview for Season 3 of TURN: Washington’s Spies (premieres April 25th), and I think I “squeed.” Love love love that show.

Oh, and The Americans is coming back here in just over a week, and we get to find out what’s going to happen now that Paige…
at the end of last season

blabbed her parents’ secret to her youth pastor. Aaak!

AoS and Flash are also on my list! I think I’ll make it my Summer of Super Heroes! (Please tell me Flash and AoS are worth it?)

Agents of Shield is fine - not AWESOME or GREAT, but fine for a superhero show. Some pretty great actors, like Min-Wa, who is probably the fittest 51 year old I’ve ever seen.
Flash is AWESOME, and GREAT! It embraces its comic roots and pure joy and fun, and is far more interesting than Arrow, in that it doesn’t completely wallow in grimdark or despair. I dont mind Grimdark, but it does get a bit much in movies and shows all the time. Flash though, is just great, fun, and positive. Bear in mind though, that I’ve only seen season one, so that may have changed, but we floundered on Arrow and all its romance issues, but loved Flash.

I really like AOS. like Razgon said, it isnt awesome but it is very good and it does have moments of awesomeness. The Arrow has improved but it would be nice if it quit using daddy or mommy issues as its main go to. The Flash has been a blast. When everyone else was shying away from the fantastic and trying to go for grim reality, The Flash full on embraced its comic book roots and dove right into the fantastic and bizarre side of comics with gusto and enthusiasm.
I will say the Legends of Tomorrow started out shaky but it has improved. Its hobbled though by a crappy main villain. Vandal Savage is nothing more than a despot with immortality. He comes off boring and uninspired and so far the best of Legends is when Savage is not on screen.

AoS is not going to be that enjoyable (merely ok) until season 1 catches up with Captain America: Winter soldier. Then it gets good. I’ve found AoS quality after the end of season 1 a bit uneven but when it’s good (I felt like season 2 kind of repeated the season 1 pattern of starting “ok” but finishing strong), it’s good. There are some really fun villains and some genuinely touching moments in later seasons.

Flash is really good. I wouldn’t put it on the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones, but right now it’s too good for a full length regular network TV series.

Can’t say I completely disagree with any of that, except I think I might like AoS more than most folks here, but still not quite as much as I do Flash!

Grrr. When is Netflix going to get Season 2? :/

Doesn’t that not usually happen maybe a week before the premiere of the new season (assuming it’s in fact coming to Netflix)?

Typically, yeah.

Holy shit, this is kind of unprecedented. CW just mass renewed its entire schedule, including two series that were assumed to be doomed and one that was on the bubble.

That means that iZombie and Crazy ExGirlfriend get new seasons, and The 100 soldiers on! Reign, too.

Link: http://tvline.com/2016/03/11/cw-renewed-shows-2016-new-season-lineup-arrow-the-flash-the-100/

Woohoo, Supernatural season 12!!!

IT SHALL NEVER DIE (UNLIKE ALMOST EVERY CHARACTER IN THE SHOW)

To be fair, they never really die either.

I’m sure this was common knowledge already for some, but USA apparently renewed the excellent Colony back in February from what I’ve read.