In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

Yeah, Supernatural is to CW what The Simpsons is to FOX. As long as they want to keep making episodes, it’s an automatic renewal.

So yeah, Grim Reaper trying to figure this out. I think he’s on to a few theories. Either CBS and WB said “no money for new shows” for 2016, or the six pilots in development were terrible.

I’m betting a combination of those two things. Terrible pilots, and CBS/WB saying “Nope, you guys got your budget for developing new shows. It’s one of those existing pilots or nothing.” So yeah. Why not just roll the dice and hope that iZombie continues to build a following and that Crazy ExGirlfriend builds off that Golden Globe win instead?

I love that Supernatural is being renewed. I assumed this season was it. Can never have too much Dean. I’m secure enough in my manhood to say that.

He’s mine I saw him first get in line.

I can’t believe that there’s a show that’s been on over a decade that I haven’t watched. Are past seasons of Supernatural on Netflix or something?

Sure is.

Not only there, but awesome! S1 takes a little bit to ramp up, but as the show begins to dig into its S1-5 mythos more and more, it’s some of the best television around. S6 is a stumble–the creator left after finishing his grand plan–but it’s been solid to good since then, with moments of genuine awesome interspersed liberally throughout.

I am happily shocked to see iZombie getting renewed. It’s one of those shows that I watch each week and think “this show is great… there is no way it isn’t getting cancelled”. It’s the show that Josh Wheedon wanted Dollhouse to be, allowing his main character to flex her acting muscles and “be” someone different each week.

As for Supernatural, I’m ashamed to say that I haven’t watched it since the mid-season break LAST season. I have something like 23 episodes sitting on my DVR, waiting to be binge-watched. There is so much good TV, combined with amazing Netflix and Amazon Prime originals, that I haven’t had time to watch it all. Supernatural, for as fun as it is most of the time, has been demoted to the second line of my TV watching.

Unsurprisingly, Gotham renewed for season 3, which probably makes season 4 a shoo-in as well. Ratings not great, but FOX had a miserable season for scripted shows, so it is the proverbial one-eyed man in the kingdom of the blind.

Person of Interest, to no surprise, Person of Interest–which is having it’s final run of episodes shuttled ignominiously off to May-July, is cancelled.

Just going to quote this post here because I was going to say the exact same thing, except I only have like 14 episodes of Supernatural saved. I really am having problems digesting Moose these days.

Its interesting how a show that was averaging 10 million viewers ( its low point last season was still over 8 million ) gets cancelled, yet a show that averages a fifth of that is getting its 12 season. I get that theres a big difference in expectations between the two networks but Im still surprised at the crap treatment POI has received, its been a solid show for CBS and it deserved better.

Last Man On Earth, which looked headed for death after about a dozen episodes, had a pretty strong second half of the season and got picked up for season 3!

Lucifer gets a renewal for season 2. Know that there are a few folks here who are way into it. May have to watch over the summer.

It’s entertaining. Not particularly good though. :)

Not sure anyone’s a fan, but it looks like Vampire Diaries gets a renewal for next year, but that’s a series finale. As noted by the Grim Reaper, it’s one thing for a network exec to hem and haw about the future of a show, but when an actor under contract basically says “I’m in for 22 more episodes and then we’re done” well…

Yeah, it’s fun. I wouldn’t call it riveting, but I do actually care about (most of) the characters and that at least is an accomplishment.

Waiting for Sleepy Hollow to get canceled. That last episode was terrible.

I really wanted to like Sleepy Hollow. I like the main characters, the concept and setting and for the first season they seemed to have it going. Unfortunately the 2nd season was a total trainwreck. I stuck with it for about 6 episodes of this seasons hard reboot and it just wasnt holding me so I dropped it. Im guessing its probably hemorrhaged enough viewers that this season is it for Ichabod Crane.

Well after the last episode, they lost one of the mains so… and my understanding is the actor/actress wanted to leave. Once the leads start jumping ship only in year three, i think you’re pretty much done. And like I said, the last episode was all over the place and generally just terrible. I stuck it out because I thought they were trying hard to make up for Season 2… but to this end; i feel like I wasted my time.

Axes falling today at ABC and FOX:

Cancelled:

Agent Carter
Galavant
The Muppets
Grinder
Grandfathered
Bordertown
Nashville

SuperGirl gets renewed, but will be shipped off to the CW by CBS