In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

Castle is gone now too. May 16th will be the final episode of the show. Haven’t watched the last couple of seasons, but still kinda sad to hear it’s gone.

Also sad about Castle, I am 2 seasons behind, but catching up!

CW is getting all the superheroes!

Grimm was renewed for a short 6th season.

I’m okay with Castle being cancelled but only because the proposed cast cuts would have been worse than ending the show gracefully (hopefully they can do that).

I’m furious about the Grinder being cancelled - that’s probably the funniest new show of the year, next to maybe Undatable going live. My son and I got such a kick out of that one. Talk about Meta. It’s like the Deadpool of half-hour comedies.

I never did watch much of the Muppets. It started off a little awkwardly but I wanted to keep up with it anyway, but never made the time. Sigh.

Pity about Galavant - it was never going to be a long-running series, but I was hoping for one more season. It was always just so much FUN.

I’m surprised that Grimm only got a short season. Has it been fading? I can’t see how they will possibly wrap up the umti-billion story threads in that length.

<EDIT>
Wow, I just checked the ratings for this year. I knew it was never terribly hot, but it has really plummeted this year. Given those numbers, I’m surprised they renewed at all (especially since they have already reached syndication numbers). I wonder if they actually just let the show runners have time to try and wrap up with a decent ending.

Also cancelled:
Second Chance (Fox)
Containment (CW)
Bordertown (Fox)
Cooper Barret’s Guide to Surviving Life (Fox)

Anyone watch Second Chance? I’ve had them pilling up on the DVR for a rainy day, might just wipe them out if its not worth it.

Are past episodes on Netflix yet?

NBC cancels Undateable and Telenovela (which was expected.)

Somehow, Sleepy Hollow gets another season, which likely gets it a season beyond that one thanks to syndication/streaming value.

Word expected later today on X-Files.

Was Pandemic: the Miniseries Containment ever supposed to be more than one season? They always advertised it as a ‘limited series event’.

Either way, I’ll probably wait and see if they have a satisfying conclusion before I bother watching any more of them.

Now that is a shock. I have no idea how. I eventually watched the rest of this seasons episodes, but my god was it awful toward the end. The writing made less than no sense, the characterization was horribly uneven, and it was clear the actors were phoning it in, they expected it to be over as well.

Sad about Galavant, but I cant say I was surprised. Maybe another Hulu rescue?

I’d rather they cancel it than let it limp on without Becket. At least I can maybe finish the season without it turning into some sort of weird good-bye to one lead.

Today CBS renewed The Odd Couple and Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, whatever that is.

The real story is that they also renewed Code Black, which got miserable ratings through December and didn’t get a “back nine” order to complete a first season. It was a 13-episode season that ended, which is usually how a network cancels a show. Either CBS has something cooking with someone in development on that show and this was a favor, or there’s something else afoot.

But…we now have an exception to the rule that not getting a full back season order is a sign of cancellation. It was understandable when it happened with iZombie (which got a 5-episode back order and was part of the CW mass renewal)…but here it’s sort puzzling.

Doesn’t seem possible. There’s no “there” there.

I agree. I watched an episode or two out of idle curiosity (and mostly because of Tom Lennon), but it’s really nothing special. If I want the Odd Couple I’ll go back and watch Tony Randall/Jack Klugman.

I’m curious about whether the revamped X-Files got the nod…

Serious limbo. It’s the only FOX show that wasn’t specifically renewed or not renewed. That’s typically a bad sign, but there’s been no release from contracts either.

According to Syfy, The X-Files is almost certain to be renewed. They are apparently working out time and contract issues so it may be awhile before we get confirmation but they claim everybody is onboard for a new season and right now its just a matter of logistics.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-5-16/fox-exec-another-season-x-files-i-believe-everyone-board

You got your wish. Unfortunately you also got that weird goodbye, only to both leads. Seriously, if you didnt watch the series finale, it was one of the worst Ive ever seen.

Big news from the CBS Up Fronts: no sign of Amazing Race on the schedule for this fall.

It may be done. Or at least they may be putting it on a break while they retool some things. Ratings have fallen off a cliff. Show has become numbingly formulaic.

EDIT: it’s on the schedule tentatively for “mid season premiere”. Which is still news. Usually CBS rolls it out during the fall season.

They need to stop rearranging the deck chairs on that Titanic. New variations of U-Turns and Express Passes are not what the show needs. It needs a completely re-work and re-think, top to bottom.