In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

CSI Cyber is god awful and deserves to die.

…and we have a (more or less) official axing. Minority Report had its episode order reduced from 13 to 10 episodes, with a quote from a FOX exec saying that episode 10 will provide a satisfying conclusion to the series.

Will it just be 42 minutes of said exec walking through the creative department responsible for the show, firing each person responsible one-by-one?

;)

I would watch that. And I think it might be a satisfying conclusion, too…;)

I watched the first 2 episodes of Minority Report and didnt need The Reaper to tell me it was doomed. It is mind numbingly paint by numbers in its execution.
I like Sleepy Hollow because of its characters but as mentioned season 2 was such a train wreck that I doubt even the hard re-set they tried for this season will be enough to save the show.

Speaking of saving the show, I was looking for Person of Interest and found out they’ve drastically reduced the episodes and are premiering it in 2016… this saddens me. I thought it was saved, and maybe we could move on to more fun stuff than this machine vs machine thing they have going on.

Yeah I doubt Sleepy Hollow will get a season 4 unless viewer numbers drastically improve. Sad as I really love the characters and setting.

SOB @ Person of Interest, only 13 episodes… :( At least Shaw will be back, it was confirmed.

Person of Interest had good numbers ( averaging over 9.4 million viewers ) last season but its episode total and production costs have doomed it. It has enough episodes for a solid syndication run and at that point it is not as cost effective to produce new episodes. They decided at the end of the past season that they would do a 13 episode final season and wrap the show. Hopefully they do the show justice and wrap it up with style.

Also, it’s not a CBS studios show (or whatever).

Well that sucks. At the risk of sounding old, at the rate I am going, I won’t be watching TV for long. I keep losing shows but I haven’t added them. It’s okay though, more game, writing and other hobby time I guess.

BTW, iZombie just got 5 shows added to its current 13-episode season 2 run.

Extant was cancelled , not sure if anyone else was watching.

It was supposedly doing decent streaming numbers on Amazon Prime, but it wasn’t translating into better ratings.

All these shows with exclusive Amazon streaming deals really hinder their chances to grow a catch up audience via Netflix.

The Player is not gonna make it. Scream Queens is also in big trouble. The Grinder is done-zo, which sort of bums me out. I like both Fred Savage and Rob Lowe.

Conversely, Black List is probably going to survive and get its season 4.

Heroes Reborn may need some help.

I haven’t watched The Grinder, but my friends said it was the best of the new comedies. Any idea why it didn’t work out?

Dunno. It’s going up against two biggies, The Voice on NBC and NCIS on CBS. The whole Tuesday FOX lineup is in dire straits right now: Grandfathered isn’t doing much better.

If there’s any good news, FOX ordered six more scripts for The Grinder and Grandfathered, but has not ordered actual new episodes based on those scripts. The Tuesday lineup will go on a baseball-related hiatus for a week or two, and in that time FOX may move some shows around.

Ah man… Was really enjoying the Grinder!

Gyah, of the two new things I picked up this season (Muppets is looking to be the other one, though I remain dubious), Grinder was far and away the better property. If it’s really kaput, I’ll be pretty sad.

On the flipside, it frees Rob Lowe up for the West Wing reunion that the world needs. . .

They need to do a West Wing reunion that takes place during a Zombie apocalypse. Or something Lovecraftian (RIP John Spencer; Leo is on my short list of people for “pull a group of people from fiction to investigate and combat an encroaching cosmic menace”; also RIP Roger Rees, because Lord John Marbury is perfect for this too).