In this thread we're going to cancel (or renew!) your favorite show

The amount of actual plot and quality dialogue they had could have been covered, with PLENTY of time for a nice slow burn buildup, in half the runtime. They turned what should have been a slow burn show into a tepid and overlong sprawl that lost the dramatic impact of some excellent performances. Something of a wasted opportunity imo. Not a terrible show but a disappointment to me.

Wonderful!

While that’s great and all, this is a terrible way to watch this show. The wait for Episode 4 seems to be months long.

I am watching episode 5 now! ;)

Of OMitB season 1.

Somewhat sad about Night Sky. It was uneven and could have used another script pass to tweak the pacing, but I liked the base premise and Spacek’s and Simmons’s performances as well as the neighbor arc enough to not consider it a waste of my time even if it wasn’t as good as I had been hoping for. Would have been nice to see if they can build upon the strenghts and address the issues of the first season.

Probably not of interest to anyone but me, but NBC is dumping Days Of Our Lives onto Peacock in September which seems IMO like a plan to burn off its episodes. (It films far, far in advance. I’ve heard 6-8 months.)

Good news, but I wonder where they’re going to go from the crazy Mars debacle. I mean, how the hell are they even getting back to Earth now, with half of their shit trashed?

For a second here I thought you were referring to a storyline from Days of Our Lives…

LOL that was exactly my thought too.

I know soap operas have gone strange places in recent years to try to keep an audience–vampires, anyone?

I mean, Dark Shadows in the ‘60s isn’t exactly recent years. ;)

Nah, more recently. No Barnabus Collins here.

Speaking of Dark Shadows, my sister and I were into the reruns for a hot minute during the mid-1970s during an overseas trip my parents led in El Salvador and Costa Rica, so the show was dubbed in Spanish. I was 14, my sis was 12.

During our stay in Costa Rica we also got to watch a number of episodes of that then-hot new SF show Space 1999!

They have killed Blockbuster twice now!

Shame, great cast but it just wasn’t fun or funny.

Yep, no surprise here. The biggest surprise is how utterly unremarkable the show was.