In Which Florida Strives to Create an Even-Worse American Christian Caliphate

It’s only applicable in the Rico Suave situation.

Didn’t Barry Manilow do a song about that?

more detail in this one

You’ll probably enjoy reading it I promise.

The only thing I can muster to say about the deceased is: Bless his heart.

Hey man, nice shot

I will agree with him to the fact that traffic on Thomasville Road sucks ass.

Only the best people.

Jonathan Martin , Chair of the Lee County Republican Executive Committee (REC), stressed that the resolutions do not represent the view of the REC unless and until a majority of members support adopting them.
[…]
Asked about whether adopting the resolutions could be seen as taking extremist positions, Martin stressed the topics have only been raised. Until a vote takes place, the language of the resolution should not reflect upon any institution or person besides the one who proposed the language.

Slowly creeping up on the secession line.

Sinful!

At least its not cats and dogs.

Florida is also contemplating laws that effectively outlaw a whole raft of theories and pedagogies, all of which only coincidentally I’m sure are used to challenge the hegemony of the rich, the (largely) white, the (largely) male, and the powerful. Also, I saw a story that one of the public colleges in Florida, which had its administration/board replaced apparently, is contemplating firing all of its faculty and only rehiring the ones who meet their ideological standards.

DeSantis is without question an American Fascist, no matter how you slice it.

Newtered

Damn. When you’ve lost Newt…

What do you get when you cross a Newt and a RINO?

A neutrino?

Want a laugh? Go back and read Clay’s original post in the thread. Oh, how naive we were back in August 2021.

Now? That teacher is probably about to be appointed to the State BoE.

I mean, these dudes would make Cotton and Increase Mather into liberals.