In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

They’re now saying there’s a chance they’ll put the bathroom bill up as a constitutional amendment as a referendum.

Basically McCrory thinks this can save the election for him/stop conservatives from no-showing if Trump is nominee.

I mean, our last hateful, discriminatory constitutional amendment went pretty swimmingly for the bigo–err, conservatives–in the state. Until Imam Barak Al-Osama went and ruined everything, of course.

Welp.

Unfreakingbelievable.

You people are just over-reacting. Of course nobody actually believes that police would be wasting their time and creating embarrassing situations for bathroom patrons based on how they dress or what they may have in their pants.

http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/04/27/begins-watch-cops-drag-girl-nc-bathroom-not-looking-like-woman/

(not a new video and maybe not even in NC, but yes this law becomes another tool police can use to control anyone they decide needs to be disciplined)

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Only too believable, unfortunately.

Was Vegas, not North Carolina. Ironically, this is where the loss of the business from the High Point furniture market (one of the biggest victims of HB2) is going to be headed.

@StevenMStrohl 7h7 hours ago
@AP I’m fine with this, as long as anyone who exercises their right to refuse to treat a patient automatically loses their certification.

I concur.

Transgender people in Oxford, Alabama, could now face six months in jail for using restrooms labeled for the gender with which they identify.

The Oxford City Council passed the ordinance this week after the retail giant Target announced it would allow transgender employees and customers to use the restrooms they feel comfortable with. Target has a store in Oxford.

Those violating the ordinance could face six months in jail or a $500 fine.

19 percent of adults in Alabama live below the poverty line and 28 percent of children live below that same line. Despite that, legislating bathroom use has become the top priority.

-Todd

For years, when southern states were even poorer, legislating white supremacy was considered far more important than anything that might actually benefit the population. The more things change, the more they don’t.

Hmm.

An Oklahoma court has stunned local prosecutors with a declaration that state law doesn’t criminalize oral sex with a victim who is completely unconscious.

The case involved allegations that a 17-year-old boy assaulted a girl, 16, after volunteering to give her a ride home. The two had been drinking in a Tulsa park with a group of friends when it became clear that the girl was badly intoxicated. Witnesses recalled that she had to be carried into the defendant’s car. Another boy, who briefly rode in the car, recalled her coming in and out of consciousness.

The boy later brought the girl to her grandmother’s house. Still unconscious, the girl was taken to a hospital, where a test put her blood alcohol content above .34. She awoke as staff were conducting a sexual assault examination.

Tests would later confirm that the young man’s DNA was found on the back of her leg and around her mouth. The boy claimed to investigators that the girl had consented to performing oral sex. The girl said she didn’t have any memories after leaving the park. Tulsa County prosecutors charged the young man with forcible oral sodomy.

But the trial judge dismissed the case. And the appeals court ruling, on 24 March, affirmed that prosecutors could not apply the law to a victim who was incapacitated by alcohol.

“Forcible sodomy cannot occur where a victim is so intoxicated as to be completely unconscious at the time of the sexual act of oral copulation,” the decision read. Its reasoning, the court said, was that the statute listed several circumstances that constitute force, and yet was silent on incapacitation due to the victim drinking alcohol. “We will not, in order to justify prosecution of a person for an offense, enlarge a statute beyond the fair meaning of its language.”

That’s pretty messed up. I can understand the ruling of the court, but I can’t understand how there isn’t a law explicitly making those actions illegal.

I’d guess that most women historically didn’t want to talk about it. Remember that Oklahoma is mostly a good ole boy state.

It sounds like an oversight, at least according to Ken White. There are laws covering vaginal and anal sex that prohibit use of force or an unconscious partner. There is a separate law covering oral sex that likewise prohibits use of force and myriad other scenarios, but an unconscious partner is not among those scenarios. It seems odd that oral sex is treated independently from the others, but apparently many other states do the same.

Ken White also points out that the prosecution might have prevailed if they had charged sexual battery (a lesser crime) instead of rape.

A similar acquittal occurred in Connecticut.

Maybe this should go in the Crazy Things You Saw on FB thread, or maybe it’s better as a snapshot of the mindset of the Christian Right here in NC:

“The second they made it legal to marry gays I predicted that child molestation would be next to be made legal…Barrak Hussien Obama is a muslim…This group of lovely folk despise gays…But…If you make em legal…You get em all to come out of the closet…Register at Bed Bath N Beyond and watnot…Makes em easier to find…Secondly…By doin tis bathroom thing…You bring out all the child molesters here in the U.S. legally…One or two will eventually git shot or killed…The gubment will have to step in to curb the violence…Their answer will be to make child molestation legal…Who loves to molest children??? Muslims…Yer basically enacting shariah law in a round about way…This roller coaster of a ride is fixxin to git real scary folks…Pray n prep…”

Wow, I had no idea Dennis Hastert was a Muslim!!!

Because, as we know, child molestation in bathrooms had reached epidemic proportions while it was legal (which is all of recorded US history basically). But NOW it’s a problem because… reasons.

I guess this bathroom thing is the new AIDS scare.

Hell, the scariest thing about public restrooms is that most of them are skanky as hell. It’s not the people in them you should be worried about, it’s the freakin’ germs.

I love the fact that he had no problem with himself barging into the women’s restroom.