In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

The thing is, the natural implication of the laws people are making, is that you are going to have people who don’t look like women, going into the woman’s room.

It’s a GOP job-creation program, with many new positions in the exciting field of Restroom Vigilantism!

Thank you tinkle fairy

I’m just going to leave this here.

JWs are a creepy-ass cult, no doubt.

Thankfully, when they see the mezuzahs on the door, they flee.

The dogs don’t hurt, either.

The US Justice Department has determined that North Carolina’s HB2 violates the Civil Right’s Act, which means either they don’t implement they law or they lose millions of dollars in federal education funding.

This is, of course, contrary to what the Governor has said up to now (Question 11 in his handy FAQ).

In other news, water found to be wet, after all.

Oh great, because the last thing the people of NC need right now is to be LESS educated!

Yeahhh. . . hell, maybe this whole thing was just a giant ploy to fuck over transsexuals, all minorities, the underpaid, AND education in NC. Since those seem to be the principle priorities of Republicans.

The state legislature is daring the feds to pull funding now.

Who knew the civil right had their own act?

There’s so few of them after all that this is quite a surprise. Talk about privilege…

Thanks for calling me out on the apostrophe. I am properly and thoroughly chastised.

I for one, feel that you are less of a man. I can barely stand the sight of your avatar icon.

Sharks are an endangered species. And smoking is bad.

North Carolina filed a lawsuit Monday against the federal government in a fight for a state law that limits protections for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.

-Todd

That realization last week when I realize I work for a federal grant-funded state organization. . .

Maybe I will have time to play Stellaris after all!

I enjoyed the Onion’s Timeline Of Transgender Rights In America

1776-2016: Sanctity of American bathrooms remains pure and inviolable

1789: In a huge blow for transgender rights, North Carolina admitted to Union

1959: A fight breaks out between Los Angeles police and transgender patrons at Cooper’s Donuts, a watershed moment indicating that the trans community is now large enough to be afraid of

1966: Dr. Harry Benjamin publishes The Transsexual Phenomenon, a pivotal book detailing how transgender individuals could medically transition from one sex to being completely ostracized by society

1969: Historic riots turn New York’s Stonewall Inn into an LGBT cultural mecca, much to the annoyance of the bar’s everyday regulars who are forced to find a new low-key happy hour spot

1975: Minneapolis is the first city to outlaw discrimination against trans people, forcing the trans community to accept the fact that living in Minnesota might be their best bet

1980: The revised Diagnostic And Statistical Manual Of Mental Disorders officially recognizes the term “gender identity disorder” in an attempt to be more open-minded about exactly what is wrong with transgender individuals

1993: Virginia man William Meyers, 51, definitively states that he can’t think of any reason why someone would want to do that to themselves

1994: A trans-dedicated AOL chatroom draws thousands of visitors each month, marking the first and last time an AOL chatroom had any positive effect on humanity

2012: Girl Scouts of Colorado welcome anyone identifying as a girl so long as she can fucking move boxes of Thin Mints

2013: Father gently asked not to use word “tranny”

2015: John Boehner does damnedest to maintain neutral facial expression as President Obama talks about transgender rights in State of the Union

2016-2020: Anti-LGBTQ lawmakers forced to get pretty creative

-Todd

Pepper Spray to be allowed on school campus’s because… HB2? Rowan-Salisbury high schoolers will be allowed to carry pepper spray | Salisbury Post

Board member Chuck Hughes was in favor of the sprays on campuses, saying that in his mind, they were purely defensive. He also referenced HB2, saying that the sprays might be useful.

“Depending on how the courts rule on the bathroom issues, it may be a pretty valuable tool to have on the female students if they go to the bathroom, not knowing who may come in,” he said.

BTW, who needs to carry razers to school in their purse? Do girls routinely shave their legs at lunch?

How would the situation be any different before HB2? Anyone can still get into the women’s bathroom even today.