In Which North Carolina Strives to Create an American Christian Caliphate

This phenomenon, of people from marginalized groups who double down on supporting the ideas and people who have marginalized them (or even outright abused and oppressed them) is something I’ve seen in studies on the assimilation of Jews in Europe. It is also something that runs through American history; historians of slavery have documented how the corrosive effects of that institution and its aftermath produced adaptive social, cultural, and political behaviors that at first seem really bizarre.

I just am sort of amazed to see it on display like this at this level.

Idiots actually giving money to DJT. They’d be better served just throwing their cash in a giant vat of raw sewage.

“A vat of raw sewage” describes Trump pretty well.

Also a good name for a post-grunge band.

Wasn’t there already a band called “Puddle of Mud” or something like that?

I think that is the cover band’s name.

I remember I was driving back from somewhere back home to St. Louis in the mid-90s, and I could finally tune into 105.7 The Point at this point in the journey, and the DJ was talking to Bobcat Goldthwait, the comedian. He asked him what he thought about Puddle of Mud, and Bobcat went off on this rant about how bands like Puddle of Mud were a pox on society and the DJ was cracking up. (I’m pretty sure Bobcat had never heard of Puddle of Mud until he got that question, and neither had I).

Republicans just killed the non-partisan election commission here today. Defunded it entirely, and since it’s a legislative council there’s no recourse.

How does that work, exactly?

Oh no, not Here!

It’s the North Carolina thread. In this thread, “here” means Iowa.

Deathbed repentance is the least useful repentance.

Leaving the party means little. He has to vote AGAINST the party for it to be significant. He needs to come out and endorse Democrats or Independants.

Not to mention, in a two party system, checking that Unaffiliated box doesn’t mean much to me. It’s like, “oh gosh no I’m not affiliated with those people. But no I can’t just say I like you guys either. Oh geez, the decisions … decisions. Where can I rent a woodchipper?”

Prove you left them. Do so with actions.

Hey, hillbilly terrorists are back at it:

Barham was being held in the Transylvania County Jail on $280,000 bond.

Uh… WTF is the deal with giving this guy any kind of bond?

Whites, uh, find a way.

Look, the guy had a bad day, alright?

There’s a really unsavory joke to made here about Christian Caliphates and bombers roaming free, but I’m better than that. Mostly.