Incredibles 2 - Suit Up, It Might Get Weird

That is a real headline.

Great article.

Most disappointing movie of the year so far. The whole Jack-Jack has powers thing got old fast. Dad can’t handle being a dad got old even quicker. Saw the villain coming a mile away. This movie did nothing to advance the characters or the Incredibles universe.

Blu-ray & Digital:

• All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.

Thanks for reminding me to pre-order it!

Heh. Personally I am always annoyed that super high tech and difficult stuff always gets designed and built in less than a day. Really the most unrealistic part of the movie!

The villain was still better than some of the Marvel villains. The scenes with Jack-Jack were appreciated since the first one did not showcase his powers and you learn more about the family dynamics.

So this is now on Netflix and we watched it for he first time last night. Not a bad movie, but not worth a second viewing either. It was too long and it just dragged. As someone above said you knew who the bad guy was going to be pretty early, and the whole let’s get on a boat thing was kinda weak. The action sequences were good, but that really was all that was good after the initial few moments.

Just in case folks didn’t know, this is now on Netflix.

You are implying nobody reads my posts? :)

It didn’t release until Wednesday, 1/30, how did you even see it 5 days ago?

I looked at your post when you posted it, and forgot mentioned Netflix at all because it hadn’t released yet. I remember the advertised bad guy thing because I felt that way too but it’s also a kid movie.

The Elastagirl motorcycle chase is great! The rest of the movie…wait, I can’t remember anything that happened during the rest of the movie.

-Tom

I thought it was Netflix, but my daughter set it up so maybe it was On Demand. So we paid a few bucks for something we could have got free 4 days later. That sucks.

Well there are worst movies to pay for… then again, I saw it a second time and still had fun. Heck I paid to see it in theater and have no regrets there either.

Not even the raccoon fight?

As a father of a two year old, the movie hits a lot of notes for me. Elastagirl May be the star of the show, but the emotional core is about Robert Parr as a father.

The best parts had nothing to do with super heroics

I completely agree with this, though my kids are grown up now. I thought it was a fantastic movie, with great action and great moments of heart.

Math is math! Why are they changing math!

A few hours later…

It’s one of my favorite scenes, and a not especially subtle dig at all those who have been wetting the bed to changes in teaching methodology for core subjects.

This makes no sense as the entire movie was great, but hey man, you do you.

I love what they did with him too. I thought the whole family got a lot of attention except Dash. He seemed like the only one that didn’t grow and probably had the least amount of screen time.