Some Incremental/Idle/Clicker Games (including really a lot of Incremental Epic Hero 2)

A couple of area booster, a couple of guild exp, and then I think some pre-rebirth tier 1 and skill proficiency, though I’m not sure how much. Bear in mind that as you do accomplishments post-WA you’ll get more points to spend, but probably only a handful on your first WA.

The thing about Area booster is that it doesn’t look sexy at a glance. But you have to think about how the game is going to play after WA. It’s mostly like starting over, but with some benefits (WA upgrades, unlocked gear mastery, Town researches, Expedition Levels, unlocked pets, unlocked classes). Huge benefits, actually. But basically you are stuck in 1-1 which is terrible for xp gain, and have to go through the process of opening up areas and dungeons all over again.

Area Booster makes that unlocking much quicker. Just one level is cutting everything in half. It also makes doing swarms easier/faster. So you’ll be back in dungeons and higher level areas getting better xp gains much, much faster. That’s the path to getting accomplishments, which make future WAs even more palatable (since they all allow you to basically keep more stuff post WA).

Yeah, a point in area booster is definitely the top priority.

I think the best argument for waiting for 10+ points is getting two area booster and two guild xp and then having a few to play with. They’re both just so strong. And while technically going from area booster level 2 to 3 doesn’t provide as much benefit as going from 1 to 2. . . it’s still amazing. I don’t regret getting two levels in it right off at all.

This is area booster in action (well, that and pushing research a bit, and focusing what I’m taming a bit):

2352 resources / clear is not shabby. My town has been almost completely rebuilt from scratch in 2.5 days. Hell, I could WA again right now if I didn’t want to push devilfish and see about getting to the next area. The roadblock is one that @peacedog will be familiar with - clear a dungeon so you rank up cartographer. Unfortunately, I hadn’t even unlocked the dungeon on my last run, so it’s a bit of a cliff.

The other good thing about area booster is that the fast clears let you unlock the area mission challenges, and some of the area mission milestones are pretty good - I have 329 cleared right now, there’s a lot of tasty boosts in there.

I just finished Capture3 500 blue devilfish. As soon as I get an xp boost turning it in will put me very close to 300 I think. Maybe a bit over a level off. Have a couple more quests to do (already did queen of fairies and the yellow slime one).

There is actually part of me that wants to do area boost level 5 over 4th character slot. But the 4th character will let me keep all class material gains coming in more evenly. And next WA will probably be one for getting a couple more AB levels.

Ahh, that and one other quest only left me at 297 (and 75% or so) but one run of Bat Dungeon 2 was good enough after that. Shit, why did I want to hit level 300 again. . .

Oh right quest unlocks.

It also maximises T2 bonus.

Indeed, and I have no real need of another tier 3 rebirth so I’m going to take that shortly.

I have a full set of slime equipment farmed up and mastered. I think I want to add some spider equipment to that, for trying to kill the 150 raid boss. I assume the unique gear works on the appropriate bosses.

Do you guys have expeditions unlocked yet? The 5th expedition is another game changer, so it’s worth keeping those running to unlock.

Meanwhile: I completely rebuilt my town and all that jazz in a few days after WA. I’ll hit guild L65 today (to unlock town rank 4, which I’ll never have to unlock again), and then I’ll be pushing for the brick wall that is fairy dungeon 4. That’s what you need to complete to unlock cartographer 4 and the new areas.

Oh yes. I mentioned up thread I think but unlocking the proficiency scrolls was so great (I’ve been powering through mastering stuff with them this WA). And they’re good for early resources in your first few WAs.

Jim, how are you running your “off” characters post WA these days? Any specific gearing? I need to try and have mine go a bit faster I think (some tier 3 rebirths on classes who lacked them before are going to cover a nice chunk of that). Other than gathering them to areas I’m trying to rack up clear count, and making them efficient gear wise, I’m not sure what else I might need to consider. I think the guide suggests having them all run e.g. long swords and sword attack in the global (if doing warrior main). I don’t know if you fully did that or have broken from doing it since.

Also, how are you building archer in terms of skills/stats? Phys or magic?

I’m generically boring / not caring in the least?

Abilities are all about the same level (allocations are almost 1:1:1:1:1). I haven’t looked at ability allocations in forever. I run all my champs I’m not playing in auto RB either 1 or 2, and I’m letting almost all the weapons/armor/utility items auto-cycle with the purple mobs.

I may change my mind and try to specialize for fairy dungeon 4, but otherwise I don’t optimize at all. I’m a week into my current run and I could already ascent for another 70 points.

Ok, it’s nice to know that you don’t have to get hyper optimal by paying close attention to what the passives are doing like that. I didn’t even bother setting up skills or gear much on them last WA.

I just discovered that the area mission completions count per area difficulty. So I may be able to grab another milestone before WA.

I See that 15 reward points in WA is to preserve the enchantment inventory. Being able to drop proficiency scrolls at the start of a run is a nice bonus I’m sure.

Couldn’t sleep so I started WA3. I’ve done 8 accomplishments to bring me to 15. Can;t remember all the ones I did (and too tired to dig up my last WA post to see what I got and got close too). But I know I did:

Tier 1 rebirth first 20 mins (6m38s; not far from 5m)
Tier 2 first 3 hours (1h33m)
Raid boss 100 first 3 hours I think
Raid boss 100 first hour (23m27s)
Guild 25 first hour (47m16s)
Guild 30 first 3 hours (2h21m)

Guild level 10 (1m21s)
Guild level 15 (6m43s)

I might have done the accomplishments related to those two (five and 20 min respectively). Also, I forgot to do my free tier 1 rebirth points for the first few minutes. I doubt it affected anything. Well shit maybe it cost me 5min tier 1 rebirth. Lol.

I’ve got my relevant temple research set where I can rebirth at 60/160/etc. Obviously makes a huge difference. I took level 5 Guild Xp booster and the 4th hero slot as upgrades (and then some pre-rebirth and skill proficiency gain). Took level 6 xp booster with some of my accomplishment rewards, and that only impacted Guild level 30/3hrs a little bit.

I’m at the point where the upgrade queue is starting to matter to me as I’m not very efficient with gold to start a run. So maybe I’ll plan that out a bit next WA (but not too much, heh). Might be worth grabbing some pet slots in the store now so I can start with some of those pets who provide queue slots turned on.

150 raid boss is a lot tougher. I’m sure I can do the 8h accomplishment, but 3h requires a little more thought or a little change in strategy. One or two Tier 3 rebirth points might be possible as well but that feels tougher, because you’re so constrained by locked areas and the required # of clears for each successive zone skyrockets. Also seems like a 2hr+ daily chest xp boost would be super helpful for that (I got 1 hour again).

Later I might try to figure out what else I can do. But I’m starting to fade and can’t be bothered to care right now. I remembered potions this time and I don’t think they were a huge factor, although I absolutely used the brawn ones in dungeons and they certainly didn’t hurt. But I think they only gave me a little time improvement (a very little). Maybe next time I’ll do the xp gain ones. They would be a bigger factor for one’s first WA for sure (temple research is really the biggest factor, I think). Although they were helpful on the raid boss.

Picked up a few more overnight and this morning.

35/24h
35/8h ( 4h8m)
40/8h (7h48m, close)
45/8h (16h33m)

Sadly I am not going to make 50/24 hrs. So no Statue of Heroes preservation for me. I’ll get it next time.

It says Statue of heroes rank is preserved. It’s nice to not have to spend the resources on ranking it up, but it doesn’t seem like it also preserves the level, so it’s not that big a deal.

Yeah, I know. And even this doesn’t really pay off as much as later unlocks that save having to refarm fantabulous fire batteries (or whatever); and still you gotta relevel. But turning things green is certainly satisfying.

They’re working on Tier4 Rebirth and Wa2 now apparently.

I had locked level 375 and 400 General quests last WA, one of which I assume was the “capture green fairies and be rewarded with purple nets” quest, but maybe not. I think one of my goals this run is going to be trying to hit at least 375 on the main.

Is there any way to see the total Area prestige values for each region? eg whats my combined move speed bonus for Slime Village?

I’ve never seen that summarized anywhere, sadly.

I also discovered something I was unaware of. . . sort of? I have Find My Brother 4 favorited on everyone currently. Sometimes, as part of auto-rebirthing, the active character seems to be clearing the quest (the passives all are since I set them to go to slime village 4). He’s going straight to SV 8 and the “go to the optimal area every 25 levels” box is not checked. I don’t really understand why this is happening.

If a hero, active or passive, clears an area/dungeon, every other hero which has a mission tied to it favourited will complete that mission.