Indiana Jones 5 and the Inevitable Hopelessness of it All

Agree 100% percent.

Why not just make Indy and the Fate of Atlantis. It could have been such a great movie

I had no idea what you were talking about.I just saw this bit. I hadnā€™t seen it before. Great Minds.

Iā€™d watch this.

Though to make sure itā€™s as good as parts 1 and 3, I suppose it should be more like thisā€¦

Indiana Jones and the Secret of Midichlorians.

Iā€™d watch it if Indy had a lightwhip.

I was going to post a picture of a lightwhip but looking for one forced me to read about the post-episode 6 Star Wars Universe. Why did it have to be so bad?

ā€¦disney has a new hopeā€¦

Iā€™m surprised there isnā€™t more discussion happening about this developmentā€¦

Disney has just started to turn its attention to reviving the Indiana Jones franchise after buying the rights from Paramount in 2013. Iā€™m cautioned that while things are very early, I hear the studio has set its sights on Chris Pratt as the swashbuckling archaeologist they hope to build the new franchise around, the role made famous by Harrison Ford in Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

There has been discussion.

Heheā€¦ Thanks!

(Just searched for Indiana Jones and didnā€™t see that threadā€¦)

Gotta make it before Harrison gets too old.

The 2008 film had Indie in 1957 the characters age was probably around 55 years old? Harrison Ford was 64 years old at the time and pulled off the age discrepancy pretty well imho.

Indiana-Jones-Harrison-Ford-Steven-Spielberg

Harrison will be 76 years old this year.

I mean he pulled off an older Han Solo and Rick Deckard, so I am ok with it. :)

Too late.

I did want to see the adventure where Indy loses his eye, as when he shows up as a really old one-eyed guy yammering about his ancient stories in the framing parts of ā€œThe Young Indiana Jones Chroniclesā€.

I donā€™t think Harrison is this old yet, but I havenā€™t done the math.

Not sure if any of this is news, butā€¦

Disney announced in 2016 that Spielberg would be returning to direct the next installment with Harrison Ford on board to reprise his role of the adventure-seeking archaeologist. No other cast members have been announced. The film has been set to bow on July 10, 2020.

David Koepp was hired in 2016 to write ā€œIndiana Jones 5.ā€ Koepp wrote the last Installment in the series, 2008ā€™s ā€œIndiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,ā€ and has previously worked with Spielberg on ā€œJurassic Parkā€ and ā€œJurassic Park: the Lost World.ā€

Theyā€™re just going to do a young Indy movie with CG young Harrison Ford, like they did with Carrie Fisher and Peter Cushing.

I mean theyā€™ve perfected the technology. Look at this!

Is that from Rogue One?

Braiiiiiiiins

It looks like a PS3 screenshot but it is in fact Rogue One.

creepy

Fortunately, the technology keeps getting better. Hereā€™s a still from the upcoming Gary the Gamorrean: A Star Wars Story:

gamo

Guess the script is getting a big rewrite and the movie is probably moving back a yearā€¦

At the rate they are going, he will be by the time they get around to it!