Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

???

Raiders was took place in, what, 1936? So on a “real” timeline that would put Indy IV in 1962, a long way from 1981 when Raiders premiered.

It’s no Ark of the Covenant, but Crystal Skulls have a pretty long history of being utilized pretty much every medium:

Indiana Jones in: Kill Doctor Lucky?

That’s an awesome name, all sorts of pulp potential. Hopefully they follow through on it.

Indiana Jones and the Little Blue Pills

Screw you doubters. How can you not love this film?

Indy looks great, they’ve got Ray Winstone. They’ve got Karen Allen back. Karen Allen.

This is gonna be fucking awesome, with the caveat that I’m withholding judgement on LeBeouf.

Indiana Jones and the Ex-Girlfriend

Because it has Shia LeBouf in it.

Spielberg is an extremely strong director IMO, so it should be at least halfway decent. Spielberg’s only complete misfire in recent years has been Minority Report. War of the Worlds and Munich, while both imperfect, included some of his very best filmmaking, so hopefully he can keep it up here.

edit: whoops, totally forgot about Terminal & Catch Me If You Can, neither of which I’ve seen, so can’t speak about his overall track record. But his last two films were both darn good IMO. He’s certainly a much better director than Lucas has been in 30 years, so comparisons with (for instance) the new Star Wars films aren’t really apt.

She still looks fine. That’s either heavy touch-up (image or plastics) or JPEG artifacts+small picture messing my vision, right?
I know Harrison Ford looks more like an old geezer nowadays than the picture shows…

Fixed.

How you left A.I. off that list of dreck is totally beyond me.

When you’ve released as many films as Spielberg, some of them are gonna be meh.

Although I have to say that I liked Minority Report, and I liked War of the Worlds up to the point where my pregnant wife made me leave because she thought the noises of the, well, war were disturbing our unborn child. So maybe it sucked after that - who knows?

A.I. however, blew.

OK, I’m now officially excited about Ray Winstone’s mustache. Shia LeBeouf’s facial hair, not so much. (I will forever struggle with the spelling of his name.) There’s definitely some heavy foundation there, but Karen Allen still looks pretty good. Ditto Harrison, despite my earlier fears. From what I know, neither has had any work done, so kudos to both of them for not showing up on the set looking like Burt Reynolds and Priscilla Presley.

Incidentally, River Phoenix would’ve been 37 now, which is nearly Harrison’s age at the time Raiders was filmed.

Shia looks like he just wandered in from the Men As Pariahs thread.

I don’t know how to feel about this LeBeouf guy. On the one hand, he’s clearly a decent actor, and he impressed me quite a bit when I saw him on SNL.

On the other hand, he gives off a creepy vibe.

“You made it come out my nose.”

-Tom

Indiana Jones and HOLY SHIT KAREN ALLEN’S BOTOX TREATMENTS

Yeah, that cracked me up too.

Acording to my GF Shia is “hawt”. I’m not sure what that says about me…