Indie games

Is there a website that compiles all (or at least a good number of) the indi games out there and provides links to them? All help appreciated!

Lorini

I’m not sure if there’s a MobyGames-esque site specifically for indie games, but you might try DIYGames, GameTunnel, or Bytten.

• Alan

Underdogs has a freeware section, if that is the kind of thing you want. As for indy games themselves, I have always wanted such a site. Perhaps we should all make one.

If you like RPGs, Spiderwebsoft has just released Geneforge3 from what I hear. If you haven’t played the first two, they are both very good, IMO.

I think you’re looking for DIY Games.

DIY is not what I want at all, but thanks. Underdogs is prolly more like it, but their site feels so gucky, I have to run Spysweeper as soon as I leave :(

Underdogs also carries a lot of abandonware, and that’s not what I want. I want a place to go to find actively supported indie games, particularly by category. Frankly, this is where I see PC gaming going for me personally, and I’d like an easier way to get there.

Any thoughts? Agreement?

Lorini

I thought Matrix or someone similar was working on an Indy game portal. I remember folks getting upset at the conflict of interest possibility. Did it die?

Lorini,

What, specifically, type of indie games? Downloadable? Strategy? Or anything? Most of the stuff at RealNetworks is indie, for example.

there is, and its:
www.gametunnel.com

although all the best ones are here: :D
www.positech.co.uk

There’s also madmonkey.net, though the games there tend to be pretty amateur.

… and generally excellent, I might add–especially Luxor, which ate up way too much of my time over the weekend. :)

(It’s essentially Tetris/Puzzle Bobble, with the colored balls in-bound along various twisting tracks and the player fiuring balls from a position at the base of the screen. Great fun.)

Peter

… and generally excellent, I might add–especially Luxor, which ate up way too much of my time over the weekend. :)

(It’s essentially Tetris/Puzzle Bobble, with the colored balls in-bound along various twisting tracks and the player fiuring balls from a position at the base of the screen. Great fun.)

Peter[/quote]

FFS, it’s essentially Zuma! Credit where it’s due. ;)

There was a shareware game that came out a few years ago that I would like to find. You controlled a spaceship kind of like Escape Velocity. It had that same 2d style and basic control scheme. But it had a story and you flew around in a sort of maze of rocks looking for upgrades and ships to fight (kind of like subspace, but this was a single-player game). I remember a lot of blue or purple, but all these games use those colors too much. I only played the demo though…is that enough info for anyone to tell me what game it was? Where is Rubin?

Peter[/quote]

FFS, it’s essentially Zuma! Credit where it’s due. ;)[/quote]

Yup. Check out Tumblebugs if you like Zuma/Luxor.

Starscape

(If not, you can use that link to try and track it down elsewise.)

Is it Starscape?

I loved that game.

[Edit] Doh!

Starscape[/quote]

Or perhaps Flatspace?

www.wickedsmallgames.com

Chet may suck, but there are some fun things on his site. Maybe not as comprehensive as you are looking for, but you did say all suggestions.

Those aren’t the games I had in mind, but I will try them. Thanks!

www.realarcade.com
www.injoygames.com

www.gamehouse.com

Just for starters…