inFamous 2: Spoiler Thread

Good run-through completed last night.

I liked it a great deal overall. I was surprised to find that I liked Zeke by the end of things – I certainly wouldn’t have if not for the scene where they watched the western together. I hated Zeke in Infamous 1, so the fact that they made him likable at all in the second game is amazing.

I didn’t care for Nix or Kuo, but I cared much less for Nix than Kuo.

The story was dumb in a lot of places, the game was devoid of likable characters outside of arguably Zeke, and if I never fight another Crusher it’ll be too soon, but I’ll forgive all of those flaws for the joy of just getting from one end of New Marais to the other.

I finished on good last night, and the last 30 or so minutes of the game made absolutely no sense.

The final plan? I have no idea what it was.

Kuo’s random heel turn? Where did that shit come from?

Cole actually caring about Nix’s death? What? She’d barely been a part of the plot since I got to the second island and now I’m supposed to give a shit when she dies?

Beat the game as a good guy, get a downer ending. Joy.

All of that really soured me on what had been an enjoyable experience up to that point (even if the rest of the plot had been stupid, since when did Zeke become hyper competent?). Best story scene was definitely the two guys sitting on the roof drinking beers and watching the Western, probably the most human scene in the game.

I barely found myself using the new ice powers, they didn’t seem all that much more useful than what I had been using and using ice on ice seemed counterintuitive. I loved the tether move, wish that had been available sooner and it made me want a Spider-Man game. Did not find myself using the vertical rails that much.

Also did not enjoy the first half of the second island, all that water made getting around kind of a pain. The second half was a lot better but ultimately really short.

I’ve got 71% of the trophies, still have to get all the UGC ones, the evil side ones and the hard mode one. I’m sure I’ll replay on hard but I need a break to cleanse my mind from the last portion of this game.