Infested Planet

Thanks for the quick heads-up - seems like a good amount of fun. I seem to remember Tom enjoyed this immensely.

The game is excellent and easily recommended to the strategy crowd.

Didn’t even have time to wishlist it!

75% launch discount is pretty crazy. I probably would’ve bought it full price.

edit, from their forums:

I’ve asked Steam to set the DLC launch discount to 75%. That way if you already have the game, you can snag it for a dollar and change. It’s just a “Thank You” to everyone who supported Rocket Bear Games.

The discount will last for a 48 hours. Make sure that you get the DLC then, if you’re interested.

If you don’t own this and haven’t bought it today…you are a filthy bug lover! :)

Damn, Rocket Bear Games are freaking awesome!

Said DLC is now out, and apparently the subject of the site stream this evening:

I so can’t wait to get this. I love games with meta layers like this.

Infested Planet is also the daily deal, so folks interested in the DLC can buy the base game (and the first DLC) for almost nothing.

If you own the game and the first dlc, its still cheaper to get the Planetary Campaign via the Megapack Bundle, it just deducts what you already own from the total cost.

I bought it the other way round, had the main game only. I bought the new DLC at full price, the previous DLC was then available in the megabundle for just $0.88.

Dammit, I didn’t get the two dollar discount because I did it in the phone app.

I just decided to let him keep the extra $2.

Will hopefully be dipping into this later. Can’t wait!

It’s very cool that Steam now do DLC discounts that account for whatever you already own. Was able to pick up the Trickster’s Arsenal and Planetary Campaign for about £5.

Now, how do I play this again…?

Just start a campaign on easy. Your body will remember.

-Tom

The campaign on normal starts our pretty darn easy, but by the end I had several very tense battles. For those on the fence, I’m not really a RTS player but Infested Planet is doable.

Campaign is kicking my ass in the best way. REALLY liking it.

Is anyone else playing this on a 4K monitor in fullscreen mode? There doesn’t appear to be any scaling, so I want to play at a lower resolution. When I switch to fullscreen, though, the cursor doesn’t select properly. Anyone else having this issue?

I don’t remember having any problems when this originally came out, but I had a lower resolution monitor then.

Wait, want the main game a campaign already? Will have to check this out!

There is a UI scaling slider in the options. Not sure if you tried that yet or not, but it might be easy to miss.