Infested Planet

Ha! Never knew this :)

Wait, Age of Wonders is twitchy? Are we talking AoW3? I had my eye on that but I’m not especially good at twitchier strategy games unless it’s possible to pause and order.

Maybe he means Age of Empires, as AoW is turn-based.

No, its the latest way to play AoW3, as fast as you can. The faster you play the faster the AI does ;)

Wishlisted it!

I picked this up and it’s a fun little game even though I don’t play the usual RTSs anymore. Too hectic for me. In any case I’m probably almost 50% of the way through the campaign and I decided to try the weekly challenge. I didn’t rank too well, but it’s my first time. Not a lot separates my score with the top scores so it’s hard to get a feel for how I did.

Leaderboards are always more fun when it’s people you know, so anyone want to give the weekly challenge a try? I did the bronze one. If you’re not my Steam friend yet I’m RobC04

Are you pausing? My ability to play the game skyrocketed when I found out you could pause and issue orders that way!

ps: other thread here with more hints

I had no idea the game could be paused to issue orders! That may be useful :-)

Pause is a MUST on the last campaign mission.

Infested Planet DLC is Coming
The game is about to get a new mini-expansion: “The Trickster’s Arsenal”. The details of what’s inside are still being worked on, but I can announce some new combat abilities.

The DLC is going to add 7 new powers, kind of like the chopper strike, but with different effects. For example, one ability is STASIS FIELD - you can fire it at a hive and freeze everything in the area. The hive can’t take damage, but it also can’t do anything to you. Good for splitting up enemies. Another one is OVERDOSE - you lose some health, but your marines go into a frenzy.

The abilities allow you to fight in new ways, like teleporting across the map to deal with an emergency.

At least some parts of the DLC will be free to everyone who owns the game. For example, I didn’t want to split the leaderboards between DLC and non-DLC, so the new abilities are unlocked for everyone if you’re playing a leaderboard map.

The Trickster’s Arsenal is coming out on April 24th.

That’ll be enough to get me back in the game. Sounds very interesting.

Very cool news.

The DLC is out! And for some reason was 75% off? WIN-WIN!

Thanks for the quick heads-up - seems like a good amount of fun. I seem to remember Tom enjoyed this immensely.

The game is excellent and easily recommended to the strategy crowd.

Didn’t even have time to wishlist it!

75% launch discount is pretty crazy. I probably would’ve bought it full price.

edit, from their forums:

I’ve asked Steam to set the DLC launch discount to 75%. That way if you already have the game, you can snag it for a dollar and change. It’s just a “Thank You” to everyone who supported Rocket Bear Games.

The discount will last for a 48 hours. Make sure that you get the DLC then, if you’re interested.

If you don’t own this and haven’t bought it today…you are a filthy bug lover! :)

Damn, Rocket Bear Games are freaking awesome!

Said DLC is now out, and apparently the subject of the site stream this evening: