Influenza again

This sucks. Second time I’ve had the flu in 6 months, 3rd major viral infection in as many months. With my recent dice roll for these things I better stay away from bats or may end up with rabies lol gahhhh.

It’s amazing how you can have a high fever yet be freezing at the same time. I can understand when sweating as one is undergoing traditional evaporative cooling, but why outside of that?

Damn, JP, sorry to hear that. Beat those bugs, man.

Fuck man, sorry to hear that. Quick recovery to you.

Did you get the shot? It isn’t 100%, but I haven’t gotten the flu since I started getting vaccinated many years ago.

Ask your doc for tamiflu. You need to take it in the first day or two.

Yes I always do. My immune system is pretty shot this year so it’s not the fault of the vaccine. But we live in an area where people are more likely to not get vaccines because it infringes on their “religious liberty”, so I’ll blame this on them and their selfishness against herd immunity.

Sorry to hear it. Try for tamiflu, anyway.

Yep just got it, though flu has been cooking in me for ~72 hours so I may have just missed the window of effectiveness. Up until last night I thought I had rhinovirus and didn’t want to bug my doctors yet again. I shouldn’t take those chances.

I think there are just a lot of people who don’t get the shots. I don’t. The best you can do if you have health problems is to get the shot yourself and hope it does the job. I am sure avoiding crowds or elementary kids would help to. Nothing is more of a disease incubator than an elementary school.

I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Everybody should get the shot. Even if you’re in good health and are willing to risk it yourself, is everybody you interact with in that same situation? It’s irresponsible not to get vaccinated every single year. It’s not too late, you should get the shot tomorrow.

Very much agreed. Herd immunity <3

Be better soon. I just got my shot this morning. With a baby I am not risking it. Here in Germany in my area the vaccine is hard to get right now, it seems sold out almost everywhere.

I get flu vaccine whenever my doctor suggests it. It didn’t stop me from getting the flu earlier in the year, though.

If you get the shot and still get sick, aside from people like JPinard who already have health issues, what does that tell you about the vaccine? I get the young and old getting the shots, I get teachers and health professionals, but we are talking the flu. It mutates pretty fast and the shots aren’t always geared for the strains that are out there.

The vaccine isn’t perfect, but even if it doesn’t precisely target the strain going around and you catch it, you won’t get as sick, and you will take less time to recover. Everybody, everybody, should get the flu shot in October every year. The flu kills people.

Well, everybody over six months old. They don’t recommend it for infants.

And if you’ve ever gotten in a car accident while driving carefully, then you might as well just drink and text to your heart’s content. Because any protective mechanism that isn’t 100% effective isn’t worth inconveniencing yourself over.

Flu shots are generally free, and the needle is so tiny that you don’t even feel it.

There is literally no reason why not to get one.

It will prevent you from getting some strains of flu, reduce the severity of others, and do nothing for others… so, worst case, you’re where you would have been if you didn’t get it.

Just get your damn flu shot.

But how autistic will I get? And is it the bad kind or the cool kind they show on TV? I wouldn’t mind being a super genius.

Anyone worried about autism is already maximally autistic.

MAXIMUM AUTISM!!1

Don’t listen to these lies!

I still get my shots though.