Insecure and undemocratic elections

I think we’re going to need an entire thread dedicated to just this. Whether it’s gerrymandering, kicking classes of people off voter rolls, or opening up swing states so the machines can be easily hacked:

Changing the headline to be more accurate:

Software vendor opened a gap for hackers in North Carolina in 2016

I hate being right.

https://twitter.com/SEGreenhalgh/status/1141380377103220736

EAC has admitted it falsely testified to the Senate that federally certified voting machines aren’t connected to the internet.

This is important because the EAC has stated REPEATEDLY since 2016 that federally certified voting machines are not connected to the internet, underscoring the broader, also oft-repeated falsehood that no voting machines are connected to the Internet& therefore,can’t be hacked

The #1 reason red states don’t want their machine’s security upgraded is because they’ve been compromised all along to their benefit.

I have no doubt Republicans have been destroying not just evidence of their idiocy, but destroying Democratic votes.

What we have look forward to

Not exactly the same as directly manipulating votes, but an example on the efficacy of disinformation.

Whew. At least it wasn’t raisins in cookies!

They came for the pineapple and I did nothing.
Then they came for the raisins…

Guess which party may have stolen yet another election from from which party?

This probably deserves its own thread but I’ll stick it here for now. Best discussion about the GOP electoral advantage I’ve yet heard.