Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man

Is there really no thread for this yet? The new Spider-Man game from Insomniac is coming out this week on PS4. I didn’t care too much about the E3 presentations of the last two years, but these new J. Jonah Jameson-narrated trailers are kind of selling me on this:

I’m definitely interested, and assumed I’d be buying it day one, though now that it’s right around the corner it might have to wait a couple weeks for boring financial reasons.

In my case I just totally ruined my financial situation buy purchasing Two Point Hospital, Spider-Man, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider this week.

Good idea me, considering you had the budget for only one of them.

If I owned a PS4 I’d of made a thread. :)

I’m so sad this is PS4 only.

You can stream your PS4 to your PC now, you never have to leave your computer chair!

…wait, what?

https://remoteplay.dl.playstation.net/remoteplay/lang/en/index.html

Holy crapola! I might need a PS4.

I pre-ordered this game months ago, can’t wait to play. I was really impressed with the E3 gameplay footage. I only wish this game and the new Tomb Raider, which I also pre-ordered, were spaced out a bit more. Spidey is Sept 7, Shadow is Sept 14.

Is it still limited to 1080p? Haven’t checked in awhile.

You can also just plug a PS4 into any computer monitor.

Remote Play to a PC works really well for me, though I recommend that the PS4 be wired to Ethernet and the PC either be wired or 802.11ac.

Yeah, if/when I do get a PS4 (likely when the PS3 dies) it’ll definitely be on the ethernet. If that means I could FINALLY play Midnight Club LA on my PC…damn…

Looks like this game is getting the incredible reviews I had a feeling it would be getting.

I’m jazzed as hell for this, but my son gets first crack it at while I play through Dragon Quest XI. Which drops in an hour on Steam, and is out now on PSN, if I understand correctly!

Hoping there’d be a Playstation Live quest for a 20% code for this but doesn’t seem likely as the site’s currently being revamped.

I’m really excited to try this one. I may wait a bit just because I have too much on my plate right now.

Hey @tomchick, is this game on your radar at all for streaming or reviewing or anything?

Yeah, I’m also interested in what Tom has to say. It is the latest game from the developers behind one of the best PS4 exclusives.

Green Man has a slight discount on it: