Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man

Possibly a stupid question, but did this only happen in combat? There are enemies who throw flashbangs, and the camera effects from those are similar to what you describe.

Good point. If so that is an intended effect as you point out. When I had my crash, I got a system error message and everything.

It only happens in combat, maybe it is a flashbang then, I don’t know.

Bought by Sony. Not surprising since most work was on PlayStation.

Spider-Man 2 on PS5 incoming.

Awwww, that makes me a little sad. They just celebrated last year about being one of the longest running studios who were still independent. I guess that couldn’t last.

Ha, I guess they figured they better grab them before MS did. Oh well, not like we were getting another Sunset Overdrive anyway.

Good number of copies for a game not even 1 year old.

Marvel’s Spider-Man has sold through more than 13.2 million copies worldwide as of July 28, 2019.

As one of my favorite games last year I will gladly sign up for a sequel for ps5. One of the very few games I’ve played through to the end in the last few years just because I was enjoying it so much.

Me too, as well as being the only AAA game I played last year. Maybe even in the last three years.

I like everything about the game so far except it’s got Ubi icons all over the map. I wish developers could include the cool features in the game without just throwing them on a map and telling the player to follow all the icons. I wish they would figure out a way for the player to find these things in a more natural manner and make finding these activities part of the fun. Other than that, well done so far!

Can you turn them off? I know in Ubi’s Watch Dogs 2, I can turn off almost all the icons, which is nice.

You might, but the game isn’t really designed to be able to do things without the icons. I mean, I don’t want to randomly comb the city for things. I just wish some things had clues or other means of locating them.

I’m around 45% done with the main story and I still haven’t tired of the side activities, that is a good sign. I almost always get tired of the side content in big games like this. My favorite two are identifying the chemicals and doing the circuits. I even like catching the pigeons, but they do show off that I’m still inadequate with my swinging skills. I often take multiple tries trying to catch them.

In fights I tend to stick with the basics too much and am probably inefficient, but I have fun with them. I’m liking this even more than I expected with all the love thrown at it. I’m not a Sprider-Man fan, or really any super hero stuff, but this just feels good to play.

On the main map, you have various filters so you can hide icons that you don’t want to see. Useful to concentrate on main quests and not get distracted. You could theoretically turn them all off and just stumble across events, but not sure how much fun that would be.

I finished up the game today at around 80%. Somewhere around 65-70% I started getting tired of the side activities and focused on the story. I really enjoyed playing Peter. It seems rare to play a guy who is an all around good guy. The story kept me interested the whole way through with a good cast of characters.

For not being a Spider-Man fan, it was a lot of fun swinging around the city. Combat was more fun than in the Batman games, but I did get my fill of it. It got very samey. Probably my favorite super hero game.

Xmas present to me was getting the Ps4 pro bundle with this, God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn during the black Friday sales.

Finally hooked everything up and started playing this week. Very fun this far, but coming from an Xbox, I’m still fighting the controls. I like the Xbox layout much better.

Also, sucks that the harmony can’t control the PS4.

So yeah, I did do this! [quote=“Gigglemoo, post:100, topic:137198, full:true”]

That’s what I did last night.

Went into the drug store to buy that fancy spiderman console bundle. Turns out they didn’t have any, or the game… but I still walked out with a PS4 Pro.
[/quote]

A couple of nits in an otherwise fantastic game:

1. Bonus points for kicking thugs off buildings. WTH? Spidey doesn’t kill people. There should at least have been an animation of the thugs getting webbed up to the side of the building.
  2. Early on Spidey has to hunt down The Shocker, who is pretty much doing hulk jumps all over the city. Since when can the Shocker do Hulk Jumps?

I could have sworn that’s exactly how it works. Are you sure?

There is.