Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man

Under the accessibility menu

OMG THANK YOU.

Yeah, wow, that’s pretty awesome. I’ll probably start the game with it on, just to see what kind of QTEs they have in the game, and then turn it off when I get feel for what their intent was. I didn’t mind them in the 2013 Tomb Raider Reboot, for instance, but I think that’s the only game.

As a new owner of a PS5, digging the controller feedback, and having never play a Spider-Man game, I’m curious about this. Can I just buy Miles Morales on the summer sale now ($50) to get Spider-Man Remastered to enjoy both on the PS5? I have the basic PS plus tier if it matters.

It seems like both games are well received and it might be a good time to check it out as I enjoy the new system.

FWIW If you upgrade to the next tier of PS+ (Extra) Miles Morales is included.

Hey this worked GREAT. Thank you!

I just started playing, and I’m having a really good time with it.

At first I was annoyed with the combat, but that was down to me playing it the way I’d play an Arkham game. Spider Man fights totally differently from Batman, and it took me a few awful fights to realize that I was supposed to move around and do crazy stunts all the time. Doink!

Also J Jonah Jameson mentioned a nazi made of bees, so if I don’t encounter one of those at some point, I’m still giving it a bad review just on principle.

Loving this game so much, but is there a way to create another save file?

On PC, Press escape or one of the middle buttons on the xbox controller, select Manual save. I seem to recall the PS version also had that option.

There are also profiles that you can switch between at the start menu, if for some reason you wanted to have independent play throughs.

As an early 50-something grumpy gamer, the ability to turn off QTE and skip the stupid radio frequency puzzles is quite welcome.

Ohmygodyes.

Hahaha. Fuck these idiots that hate Pride flags. Good on the mod admins.

I can’t keep track of all this Sony stuff coming to PC. Is this standalone? Should I play them both, just one of them?

It is standalone. They’re both narrative-driven open world games. They’re very similar gameplay-wise. Miles is shorter and is a direct sequel to the first one. The central highlight of both is joyous traversal and big exhilarating setpiece battle scenes.

This game is so amazing. Best superhero game by far. My only complaint would be that it’s too easy, but my kids are having a hard time on their save, so :shrug:

I need to give it another try. I’ve owned it for years, but it has such a non-compelling start. There’s all this action without context, you’re fighting bad guys, bam, bam, bam, swinging around in the city, which is brief but very cool, and then a whole lot of fighting and dialog. But no real narrative hook. Rocksteady’s Arkham games, I felt, did a much better job of being really intriguing and making you think about them and wanting to go back to them when you stopped playing.

Just start the story missions. It gets good pretty fast. I also recommend not fast travelling too much – it’s just too fun to swing through the city, and you get to learn it that way too.

As an aside, it’s the only game with Arkham Asylum-style combat where the system is actually justified. Due to Spider Sense, it makes sense that you can predict where shots will come from. The Batman fight system is actually a perfect reflection of Spider-man fighting, ironically.

Steam has this for $45, assuming it’s worth that price?