Insomniac's Marvel's Spider-Man

Thanks! Just saw that the PS store has a $15 credit deal also, if you pre-order another game before 11/6.

I didn’t know anything about it until about a week ago, when I found out it’s an Insomniac game. So, day 1 purchase. I was all stoked to buy it Monday at midnight, at which point, what the hell, Sony store? Why can’t I buy it? Oh, I had the dates screwed up.

So, yeah, count me in. Unfortunately, I know the guy doing Spider-Man’s voice, which is always distracting. I mean, the guy’s an awesome voice actor, but whenever he’s talking in a game, I’m all, like, “Hey, that’s not [insert character name here], that’s Yuri.”

-Tom

Damn. This looks really good. Sony nabbed a great-looking open world action game.

Meanwhile, Microsoft can’t figure out what to do with Crackdown 3.

Black Cat is in it?? I’m buying.

Well it took a few years but Sony finally managed to make a game that made me wish I had a PS4. But I think I’ll settle for living vicariously through streamers.

I’m definitely interested, but I still have a few PS4 games in my queue, which makes it easier to watch from the sidelines at launch. I hope it’s an excellent game. And I hope we get to deliver Pizza as Peter Parker somewhere in there.

That’s kind of how I feel.

They made me wish I still had a Gamecube to play Spiderman 2 on.

I gave in, I pre-ordered.

Even though I need another game for my backlog like I need a hole in my head, I’m still being tempted. And I’m still trying to finish AC: Origins before Tomb Raider comes out next week! Game overload!

Made the mistake of hitting up Amazon for this. I’ll get it eventually.

I think this is playable tonight from the PS store, right? 9pm PST?

I’m not a Spider-Man guy, and would have otherwise completely ignored this game, but watching it on Twitch looks pretty badass.

Tech look by Digital Foundry.

Yeah, I’ve even contemplated buying one just to play this game (and then some other exclusives, natch). Maybe I can trade my regular xb1x for one…

Played for a couple of hours so far - REALLY good game. I’m still getting the hang of the full move set (that keeps expanding) for combat though, and have died a couple of times. Traversal is awesome.

I expected it to look better on the PS4.

Should have got a Pro.

Yeah I think the Checkerboard 4K stuff the PRO can do would improve the image quality @rowe33 is seeing.