Insulating Bush

http://news.nationaljournal.com/articles/0330nj1.htm

Hadley was particularly concerned that the public might learn of a classified one-page summary of a National Intelligence Estimate, specifically written for Bush in October 2002. The summary said that although “most agencies judge” that the aluminum tubes were “related to a uranium enrichment effort,” the State Department’s Bureau of Intelligence and Research and the Energy Department’s intelligence branch “believe that the tubes more likely are intended for conventional weapons.”

Three months after receiving that assessment, the president stated without qualification in his January 28, 2003, State of the Union address: “The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes suitable for nuclear weapons production.”

Is there any greater crime than falsifying your justifications for war? I’m hardly some partisan left-winger, but with the mounting evidence against the Bush administration I think it’s time to get serious about impeachment.

Yes. Which doesn’t mean that falsifying your justification for a war is a good thing, but you asked.

Name a specific crime that is worse. We revile child molestors and rapists, murderers and thieves, yet how is a person whose lies directly lead to the deaths of 10s of thousands of humans not worse?

I’d say that Hitler’s “final solution” was a far, far worse crime. Whoops! I guess I ended the thread.

Seriously, though, I agree that it’s very bad, I just don’t see the need for hyperbole. I can think of lots of crimes that would be worse (some much worse, like the above example).

Unfortunately, impreachment is now just a partisan political tool. As long as the Republicans control Congress, there’s no one who can hold this Administration accountable for what it’s done.

At least, until 2008.

-Tom

I wonder if Not One Of Us just won himself a free visit from the USSS. After all, there are middle school students who have been paid a visit for far less. Welcome to Shrub’s compassionate America. Heil Bush!

I was thinking more of this:

I’m curious how many people on this board would consider a Bush assassination to be a bad thing. Would it upset you?

If you think the loss of liberty and expansion of executive power beyond all reasonable and Constitutional limits that we’re experiencing right now is bad, wait 'til you see what it would be like if GWB were assassinated.

So, yes, it would upset me a great deal as America would continue even further down a path we’ve already gone too far down.

1. you’re a complete retard for raising this question
  2. wouldn’t Cheney be worse?

Hello? I posted the gun image in response to holding the Administration accountable.

Assassinating just Bush would be stupid.

Enjoy your stay on the USSS “watch list.”

PATRIOT forbids Tom/chet from telling us about their call from the government on this too, right?

Yes, it would.

I would sincerely hope that most people on this board would consider a Bush assassination to be a bad thing. It’s one thing to think a leader isn’t doing a bang up job, but quite another to wish a violent death on a man.

Watch where you point those puns, Nick.

More than that making someone dead is in general a sad event, if his death was caused by a conspiracy(be it Islamic fundamentalists or a white supremacist militia, whatever) it would be the death knell for the Bill of Rights. Cheney would wipe his ass with it the very next day and before you know it they’d be setting Hugo Weaving on fire.

I can’t imagine the USSS are remotely interested in a few gamer types playing about with keywords. The net is packed with forums full of people calling for Death To Bush, that whole investigating _every threat thing must have gone out the window years ago.

Not that I am 100% against setting Hugo Weaving on fire, but I think President Cheney would be the most impotent President we have ever had. It wouldn’t matter if he tried to wipe his ass with the bill of rights, or even continued with the domestic spying program, he would be impeached before you can say tricky dick. With Bush you have a man whom once was popular, and to a lesser extent may be again. Cheney on the other hand is generally regarded as a pariah who is only useful as an attack dog. Also, Cheney would probably never be allowed to take the oath because of his ass sucking health.