Integer ratio screen scaling

I am interested in playing some old Windows games like Spiderweb Software’s Exile series and Syberia. But the screen resolution of the games is 800x600. Is there a way to double or triple the size of a window or change the screen resolution without adding anti-aliasing/blurring? I saw a petition on the Nvidia forums but it is being ignored (WTF?). Thanks.

If the Nvidia control panel’s “display” section can’t do it, have you looked if your monitor supports this? My Benq monitor has options to scale up smaller resolutions by certain amounts. I’ll have to check exactly how it works when I get home, but I’m pretty sure it scales them up 3x and black-boxes them.

There is the forced resolution stuff you can do on nvidia hardware. Though normally you’re going the opposite way and that in effect adds super sampling.

These games run in a window, so I’m not sure if that will work.

You can’t run them as a full screen window? Or just resize the window?

The Syberia window cannot be resized, but the game can run in (non windowed) fullscreen. In fullscreen the graphics are very fuzzy. I would rather run the game in a window regardless.

The Blades of Exile window technically can be resized, but the extra space is just empty padding. The game cannot be run in fullscreen.

what about using a virtual machine and scaling the VM’s window?