INTERNET! Fetch me reviews for this 32" Dell LCD!

Ok as I posted a while back, I’ve been looking at LCD HDTVs for a while now. Dell has very recently released a new line of LCD HTDVs which look pretty damn good on the spec sheet.

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/lcd_w3201c_popup?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~lt=popup

Tons of inputs (2 HDMI), good contrast ratio, integrated tuner, response time is not the fastest at 16ms (b/w, typical) but every damn company measures that in their own way making their quote meaningless. So I ask of ye to find me any sucke-… er I mean ‘early adopter’ who picked this up and posted his/her opinion on it. I checked avsforums and so far no one has bitten yet.

Cnet hasn’t looked at it yet but these are there pre-hands on feelings…

Upside: The Dell W3201C has a native resolution of 1,366x768, which means it should be able to display every detail of 720p HDTV material. It also has a built-in ATSC tuner but no CableCard slot, so you’ll be able to watch over-the-air HDTV without an external tuner, but digital cable users will still need a cable box with this TV. Its excellent jack pack includes two component-video inputs, two HDMI inputs, a VGA-style PC input, and a stereo minijack for use with PC audio.

Downside: We’re a little skeptical of the performance of this LCD, considering our experience with Dell’s 30-inch model, the W3000. Either way, $1,800 is far from the cheapest LCD in this size range, so it’s hard to justify the extra expense if it doesn’t perform appreciably better than no-name models.

Outlook: Although we were disappointed with the W3000, Dell claims that the W3201C is completely redesigned. We’re not sure if its performance will be able to make a big enough leap to justify its price tag; in fact, we wouldn’t be surprised if Dell lowered the price on this popular-size LCD before the holidays.

Wow… 1800 for a 32" LCD through Dell strikes me as rather expensive. Points for the ATSC tuner I guess, but I think if I was looking at that price point I’d be drawn to Sharps and other brands which are similar/cheaper and likely to have better quality.

What model Sharp are you thinking about? I don’t see any 32" that are cheaper unless they come from a non-reputable reseller.