Into the Breach - Turn Based Strategy

I assume Abe is a pilot? I haven’t found him yet.

Why on earth would I do that when I can just blame the game?

I had a good run with the Zenith Guard. I had Abe in the rammer. Maybe even more importantly, I replaced the science mech’s pitiful main ability with the teleporter from the Flame Behemoths early on.

I’ve made my peace with Zenith. I don’t love them, but I found the key to liking them more was to upgrade the shield ability. Being able to shield things more can potentially lead to those “extra action” benefits that are so key to doing well in this game.

I had a lot of success in my last game (all the way to victory) using the Zenith Laser Mech, the science teleport mech (the secret best mech in the game), and the default tank as my group. So effective. That laser mech on the Zenith team is fucking insane.

This was me. Thanks for posting, now I don’t feel so alone. I think part of my problem is I really like upgrades and they feel almost pointless since the game ups the ante on you. Part of my problem was also trying to go through each level too fast maybe.

I do wish I could practice this while stuck in the hospital. I think I’d enjoy it more on iPad than on pc.

Does getting a pilot unlock them for future runs or anything?

Yes, assuming you hadn’t previously unlocked them (like in the case where you can choose a reward for a perfect island, I try to not pick pilots I already unlocked unless I need a pilot or like what ability they bring to the table).

I play it on my notebook always … plays fine, like a bigger tablet …

I just had a harrowing win with the Zenith Guard. I was doing pretty well until the finale. I lost some power on the first half. This were pretty dire on the second half and I was just hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I had trouble stopping some of the Vek because of positioning and the buildings. I ended up winning with 2 of my 3 mech dying on the last turn, and the other one down to 1 HP.

I have an iPad. It’s not out for iPad yet is it? Is there some tricky way I can get a steam game to work on my tablet?

no clue

Not on iOS, no.

Downloading now. Damn you all. :)

There are ways (basically, you just remotely control your PC using your tablet), but they require great latency and bandwidth, and when I looked into it they were so expensive (~100$/year) I didn’t think it was worth it. Plus, the random aspect of the controls that might not be working great.
A tablet version would be so great. It looks like a bit of a challenge, but those guys pulled it with FTL (which plays wonderfully on the iPad port they crafted — whether you think it is a great game or not is another matter ;).

It was eye-opening for me when I stopped caring about killing everything. The shield abilities are so powerful, often turning the “action count” to your advantage.
Related to that non mass-killing approach, I find it funny how often, I will put a vek into place on top of a spawn point, only for it to die to some fire damage or something. Raging because you went too strong on your opponent is quite interesting.

The fewer veks are on the map, the more will spawn to replace them. So instead of trying to kill them all, I’ve found the best way to control their numbers is to block their spawns instead.

Just got my first Hard victory, with the Rift Walkers. Feels good, man.

Only two islands, but a win’s a win!

I just did it as well! 2 islands, hard mode, and oh boy!
The ultimate turn of my game, I thought all was lost.

5 veks attacking the grid (the one attacking the Reinfield bomb wouldn’t kill it, so it can be ignored) for a total of 5 potential grid damage, and only 2 of my mechs left after a silly oversight on the second turn (I suicided my AI artillery bot because I was so busy paying too much attention to the rest). All the veks are damaged, but I couldn’t deal any killing blows, which leads to this escalation. All seemed lost, but actually… (don’t look at the next picture right away if you want to try to guess a proper winning move)

Chen sacrifices herself pushing the bottom fly, forcing it to attack before the (heavily) damaged scarab can take his shot. Camila takes the mine off meanwhile.

Last minute surprise: Chen didn’t die because of her fleeing ability. I had forgotten about it.

That was amazing. I love you so much, game.

Wow! Congratulations on the awesome finale!