Inversion: Gravity reversal shooter from Timeshift developer

Ok, I know I haven’t kept my love of Timeshift as one of the hidden gems of this generation secret. And I’ve been wondering what Russian developer Saber Interactive has been up to since finishing the completely unexpectedly awesome Timeshift.

Joystiq has the first news about this upcoming game: Inversion. Doesn’t sound that exciting yet. But hey, it’s from the makers of Timeshift people! That’s an awesome pedigree.

The third-person shooter takes place during an invasion by the alien Lutadore, which happens to coincide with the appearance of random “bubbles” of anti-gravity or gravitational vector change (just go with it). That means that at various times throughout the game, you’ll enter an area and start floating, or be flipped over as the ceiling suddenly becomes the floor.

The player, as cop Davis Russel or, uh, cop’s neighbor Leo Delgado, is armed with a Grappler weapon that allows the manipulation of gravity to move giant objects around. This permits the player to move enemies’ cover or make their own out of items in the environment. Or to just throw stuff.

Inversion will ship sometime in 2010 on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

So it’s like Prey with a gravity gun? Cool.

I can’t wait for their next game. Maybe it’ll be like Turok, but you can walk through walls.