iOS Games Thread

I played it a bit on iPad tonight. I would not say it is a re-skin of Star Realms. It is definitely the same overall game mechanics, but with some interesting tweaks. The cards are new and seem to have a lot more interplay or interactive decisions. I think I enjoy it more than Star Realms.

On the UI, I found it the same as Star Realms mostly. I found Star Realms harder to play on a phone (near impossible before cards and mechanics are familiar), but fairly clean and easy on a tablet. I would not be surprised if the same is true with CR.

The one time I tried Star Realms, I had no idea how to play. This one does a much better job getting you started. Pretty cool so far.

I’m enjoying it. But yeah, tablet only for this one.

Is there a PC version coming? My iPad died, and I don’t see me learning the cards from the teensy-tiny iPhone version.

So, I’m going to the mountains for the next 3 days and am wondering what games I should start loading on the iPad. I’m thinking of Lara Croft Go, it’s on sale at $2 now but I don’t really like puzzles games. I very much prefers turn base stuff. Or some rogue like is fine. Any recommendations?

I’m not being very creative when I recommend the 2 latest efforts from Michael Brough, 868-Hack and Imbroglio. They are intricate singlescreen turn-based roguelites with puzzly elements (in a “you have to use your brain and try and figure stuff” way) with a great amount of depth. Time will fly like when reading a book in those. They also behave themselves and don’t take much space nor use much battery - that last one might be a big appeal if you are going in a place bit remote. They are an acquired taste, might look a bit big on an iPad, and their looks don’t appeal to some people though.

Thanks Left, reading the description, it sound like a really brainy game, which I’m trying to avoid since I’m going into seclusion and needed a break from using the brain. Lol!

I just read 3 pages before this and I think I’ve zoomed down to two games I will likely purchase - Lara Croft Go (is it turn base? The video doesn’t sound like it is) and This War of Mine, which I have recently started on the PC (didn’t know they have an iOS version, thanks to this thread, I do now). Hitman Go is also intriguing to me. I have no idea that they have this Go stuff.

ara Croft Go (is it turn base? The video doesn’t sound like it is)

It is.

If you didn’t play Hitman Go, in my opinion, it is a much better game overall than Lara Croft (I understand they weren’t developped by the same team too?). Both are turn-based and not very demanding, as far as difficulty go.

I will probably get both - the bundle cost $4.99 for two games. Win! Thanks everyone. These two games should tide me over.

I wasn’t a huge Laura Croft Go fan. Sure, it’s pretty, but super easy. Hitman Go is a better game. Both are sort of annoying after a while. You could grab the iPad version of Brogue. That’s pretty fun. There’s also Titan Quest, FTL, Another World, Legend of Grimrock, Bastion, Transistor, Out There, the Sorcery! games, 80 Days, Aquaria, Gemeni Rue, etc…

That’s funny. I didn’t get into Hitman GO very far, but loved the Lara Croft one.

Out There was pretty good. I have it. I’ve also finished Bastion in the PC, have not tried Transistor though. FTL - played it as well. I just downloaded Fallout Shelter and Hearthstone. Let’s see how they are. Have not heard of Brogue so I’ll check that out. Thanks Clay!

Brogue is roguelike goodness! Worth reading about it here: Brogue

I think it’s free on the iPad.

FFG’s BattleLore: Command is a great TBS game, which is based FFG’s BattleLore (Second Edition) board game.

How does anyone sell Don’t Starve for a buck and still make money? That’s just amazing value for consumers.

By getting dollar bills from people like me who would not otherwise have bought it.

Yeah, I already have the Steam version but for a buck I don’t mind having it in my iPad

I second the motion! Both of those games have fascinated me for hours. I’m playing Imbroglio incessantly now. Is anyone else? It’s such an elegant, absorbing design. Care to share any thoughts on what weapons are best? The harp is growing on me, as is the scythe. A leveled whetstone could make a harp nasty!