iOS Games Thread

Merchant also has IAP.

FWIW, the Executive has no IAP.

I finally did find the IAP in Merchant. It’s so unobtrusive that I overlooked it multiple times.

Misguided:
Snakebird is on iOS now

Left_Empty

I liked the PC version, so I gave the iOS one a try out of curiosity: the control scheme, so brilliantly efficient on the computer, is a total nightmare of exhausting swipes and crazy button taps. At least the game is free to try so everybody can check for themselves if it works for them…

Seems great to me, maybe because it’s the only version I’ve played. It is a lot of swiping, but the controls are very accurate. Having to tap the back button twenty times could be more efficient for sure. Maybe having a save state you could snap back to or something.

The Sentinels of the Multiverse iPad version is now universal (and there is a sale to go with it).
I was doubting the viability of the project, but it turns out to be so much better than I expected it to ever be. I find it absolutely playable - even if it involves a bit of swiping with some characters.
Between the flawless (as far as I can tell) implementation of the rules and the absolute stability that were already features of the big screen version, what an awesome job from the people at Handelabra.

Recent stuff I tried roundup:

Imbroglio – Excellent weird turn based tactical thing. Worth the few bucks, still on my phone a month later.

Egg, Inc – Highly polished incremental. Kept it around a couple weeks, until the achievements crumbled in my mind like dry sand.

That merchant thing I forgot the name of – Wants to be incremental, short timers require active play. Constantly having my inventory full of junk, cycling from screen to screen to screen to screen then waiting 3 minutes. Deleted after a few days.

Guild Of Dungeoneering – Reply hazy, try again later.

Imbroglio is also a very dangerous addiction if you are the sort of people to pay attention to scores and you got others around you that do too. It’s been the craziest hiscore chase I have had for the last few months here, with weekly back and forth amongst the characters.
It’s an amazing game, on a lot of levels.

Was that Merchant … sounds like it to me.

I’ve been mostly playing Reigns on my iPad these days. It’s a fun diversion, and you can easily do it while also watching tv. The one single thing I hate most about it is that it won’t rotate to the orientation I want on my iPad… it only supports a landscape mode with the power button on the right (“landscape right”), and I like to hold it with the power button on the left (“landscape left”). With the power button on the right my cover hinge is on the bottom so the cover constantly tries to flop down. I don’t know why developers don’t just implement all rotation angles. :/

Yeah, I fell off Merchant pretty hard. It’s very grindy, which would be fine if you weren’t grinding simply to do the same thing all over again. I was hoping for something more Recettear-like. And there doesn’t really seem to be any way/need to strategise around party composition and gear. It’s just a question of throwing levels at enemies.

I had no idea this was coming to iOS! It dropped today.

Qt3 thread

“The best action controls on mobile!” But it doesn’t say what those controls are. I despise simulated gamepad controls, so I would be hesitant to try it, but maybe it uses some other control method?

Yes it does. It says they are the best…ar-round, and nothing is ever going to keep them down…

=)

I thought for a second this was Hand of Fate and I was thinking the control scheme would be interesting.

But Leap of Fate… I vaguely recall seeing Tom playing this… How’s the game in general? And does anyone think it would make a good iPad game?

Deus Ex Go is out, FYI.

On sale for $0.99 (its lowest price ever):

Thanks, @Mysterio. But I know nothing about it. Any good? Certainly the reviews are good, and hey, ninety nine cents.

Speaking of ninety nine cents:

Here’s the developer’s thread on Touch Arcade with 53 pages of comments. Plus, @LordGek endorses it, so what else do you need? :-)

I posted this in the Bargain Thread 2016 thread, as well:

Dust: An Elysian Tail (iOS Universal) is on sale for the first time, and for only $0.99.

I posted this in the Bargain Thread 2016 thread, as well:

Human Resource Machine (iOS Universal) is on sale for the first time, and for only $0.99.

Nice sales. How are you finding out about these sales? Are you merely browsing the app store or do you have some site you visit for the info?

I use AppShopper. When you add an app to your wishlist, it will notify you of price drops (if you don’t already own the app) and updates to the app.