iOS Games Thread

AppShopper is essential. In important ways, probably the most useful app I own. It’s too bad (and surprising) that when I was using an Android device there never seemed to be something that worked like it there. Has that changed, anyone?

Great programming game from 2D Boy (World of Goo).

Lumines has released worldwide. Feels very much like the original. Touch controls will never be as good as physical for a game like this, but they seem quite good. Looks gorgeous. Sounds great.

Shinin’, shinin’, shinin’…

Will be getting this, can’t resist a new Lumines game. This will be the 5th platform then I’ll buy a Lumines game. Will be interesting to see if I’ll play anything other than 60 sec time attack.

Sorcery! and Sorcery! 2 (both iOS Universal) are each on sale for only $0.99, the lowest sale price for each.

EDIT: Sorcery! 3 added for $0.99, as well, the second time it’s been this low.

Solitairica. Rogue like solitaire card game reminiscent of sword and poker, but better.

I have been playing Solitairica on the PC and enjoying it. I find my self going back to it throughout the day in between others games.

Thanks for the link Gendal. Skipped this because I didn’t want to sit at my PC to play cards, but this will be perfect for the iPad.

I have been really enjoying 1010! It’s sort of like a puzzle Tetris, where you have 3 blocks to place (no time limit) to remove full lines. It has annoying ads, but an IAP to remove them for $1.99.

There’s a short thread for Solitairica here

Hadn’t played this in the last week or so, but had a power outage yesterday and picked it back up since it is such a great time-killer. Ended up winning with my third class (bard).

Totally missed that. Great game, terrible name. Can’t say I would want to play it on my PC but it’s a perfect iOS game.

@mysterio, which Sorcery game do I want? First or newest?

I own all three, but have yet to play any! I plan to play all three in order, though.

@Editer, I say splurge, spend three bucks, and buy all of them. YOLO.

Yeah, I did that, even though I have a bunch of unplayed FF books I also got for a buck each

The Sorcery! books are meant to be played in order - it’s a continuous story. So definitely get all 3 and play them that way!

That, and the character, his choices and his inventory are carried over from book to books.

Sorcery! are arguably the best things for iOS now that Shenandoah is gone.

That good, eh? Cool, I’ll buy all 3! Thanks!

Same dev as 80 Days, which also is awesome.

Frotz has finally been updated for iOS 9/10, and it scales to the 12.9" iPad Pro. It’s a great little z-machine reader that lets me play my old Infocom games.

You still have to transfer saves through its web interface, but you can store your saves in Dropbox.