iOS Games Thread

KOMRAD (iOS Universal) is free for the first time ever.

This sounds like something that takes over your iOS device and starts voting for Trump at every online polling site.

Thank you, Hillary supporter. How about you keep your political comments in the P&R forum where they belong.

Huh? It’s more of a comment on the Russia/Trump link that has been all over the news lately. Regardless of politics, I found his comment amusing. More amusing than that game looks, at least.

I assume you are saying it is good though. Tell us about it, why is it fun?

I’m just providing a public service to those who might be interested in a free (seems to be well reviewed) iOS game. I’ve never played it.

Not my bag…but free is nice.

Oh, but as the self appointed hype machine I have to say…

It’s out now, and nifty as shoot.

So I now need to come up with funds for both this and Rogue Wizards (not on iOS, atm)? You’re killing me, LG.

Deleted my slightly snarky reply. I don’t see a problem with a little humor in the Games forum. Not trying to start a political debate in here.

Been waiting on Frost to hit but I’m too wrapped up in Solitairica (ignoring my horrible ipad backlog) to pick it up yet. The Steam demo I tried was great though.

If you like simple number puzzles ala Threes, there’s a great one due out today called NumDance.

There are also a couple of other deck-builders out this week: Paperback and Concrete Jungle (which is a follow-up to MegaCity and introduces some deck stuff into that formula).

Woah, I had no idea Paperback was coming to iOS. Great card game! And now Google tells me it’s out already. Decisions…

DYeah, it’s out. Played a quick round last night. I actually got a physical copy recently because I thought my wife might like it, but we haven’t tried it yet.

So the physical version’s good? I checked out its BGG entry and it sounded interesting (and looks to be fairly well reviewed). I’m just concerned with the the “MP component is coming soon” portion in the description, which hasn’t always come for other apps after being promised.

I backed the Kickstarter and love the physical version. Multiplayer would be a must for long term play though I think. Definitely recommend picking it up, assuming the AI is capable.

There’s ANOTHER game out today from Jerome Bodin (Frost).

Caravanserail by Jerome Bodin
https://appsto.re/us/LqNe9.i

Edit: ok, this is weird…it showed up on TAs list of new releases, but it clearly isn’t. I call shenanigans!

Odd, I really thought Frost was his first attempt at porting a game to mobile.

I didn’t give it a lot if time, but the tutorial script goes too quickly. Was trying to watch what was going on while reading it. I still really don’t understand what I am doing besides clearing a box and then others seem to stack without rhyme or reason.

Yeah, agreed. The explanatory text should be available on a separate screen. This is a case where they tried too hard to make the interface clean. That’s actually my biggest complaint. Didn’t realize at first there even was a main menu screen to the left or another game mode to the right, since it drops you right into the middle screen.

Despite all that, it’s a very cool little game.

EDIT: Looks like it requires a 64-bit processor.

Yay!!!

iPad only? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!