iOS Games Thread

You had me at Literary Sci-Fi procedurally-generated novel.

You should probably give Dandy Dungeon a whirl:

DANDY DUNGEON Legend of Brave Yamada by DMM.com Co., Ltd.
https://appsto.re/us/vI536.i

Onirim’s iOS version is out.

For a buck. But sadly, it doesn’t feature any of the extension or rule variations. I guess (I hope!) they will be tariffed later, but I’d rather have them all right now and being tariffed properly right now.

Seems decent after a couple of run throughs. What do the expansions do?

A lot, if you are to trust a certain guy, and have some time to spend with him, while he shows off his shuffling skills* (and that game asks you to shuffle a lot!).

######*I linked at the appropriate time when he starts showing the expansions.

Awesome! This game does have a lot of shuffling.

I know this is probably unlikely, but are there any good, non-pay-to-win, match3/rpg type games out there? Along the lines of Puzzle & Dragons, but less…Asian.

With the original PQ not available, I’d say you should take a look at Hero Emblems, Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, and Ticket to Earth. None of those are exactly like P&D. Be aware, that Ticket to Earth has only released the first episode, so it isn’t a complete experience just yet.

Agreed on Clash of Heroes. You Must Build a Boat is good too.

I thought YMBaB was not very good, but ymmv.

Hero Emblems looks pretty neat, thanks. Anyone had success with an online one? Obviously they’re mostly going to be some form of p2w, but I don’t know if there’s a diamond in the rough. I’ve heard decent things about Marvel Puzzle Quest.

I thought it was interesting for a short session but it just dragged & dragged.

I’ve played Marvel PQ since it started. I don’t play for hours on end, just pop on and play for a bit a few times a day. If you want to sit and play a long session you would have to pay to get your hero’s health back up after a bunch of fights (there are other things to pay for, heroes and power ups). But if you just play here and there you can have plenty of fun and never spend a dime. Based on my experience, you can play probably a half hour or so at a time with no interruptions. Even longer once you’ve built up a good group of heroes and just swap back and forth as needed.

I assumed you didn’t want online. My bad. I would try Gems of War. https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/gems-of-war-the-wait-for-pq-fans-is-over-sort-of/ The MPQ devs did a lot of things I found unsavory.

Gems of War looks pretty neat too. The one thing I like about MPQ is that it plays vertically, which I generally prefer for match-3s.

Does Hero Emblems?

Yes, hero emblems plays in portrait. Well, at least all the pictures are. I don’t have on my iPad at present.

It’s finally happening, any other forum folk in the beta?

Any way to turn the music off on Hero Emblems? The only thing I see in options is to choose a language. (iPhone)

I’m using the Android beta of RFTG, though I suppose it won’t differ much from the iOS version.

It’s a very nice implementation for a tablet. I also tried it on my phone, but gave up. The interface is simply too hard to read at that size…

The first three expansions are available at launch, and there are greyed out icons for Brink of War, Alien Artifacts, and Xeno Invasion which presumably will be released later.

It uses Keldon’s AI, though you can tune the difficulty down. There is online play.

I think after a couple of games I’m almost on par with the Easy AI.