iOS Games Thread

I wondered why there was suddenly a pending 64bit update for FTL

Monument Valley 2 is out! It’s my favorite mobile game ever. Perfectly suited mobile devices and has amazing art and atmosphere.

That was my favorite announcement of the Apple keynote!

If this means what I think it means:

It’s. About. Damn. Time!

Care to explain? Never heard of 7 Wonders.

Excellent card game that has essentially zero player downtime.

…was born as a result of 7 Wonders’ success and the desire for a proper 2-player version.

App Store reviews for MV2 are saying it’s even easier than MV1 and very short. Can anyone here compare them? I loved MV1, but I’m not sure I’m willing to pay a fiver for another version with even less challenge.

7 Wonders is the Duke Nukem Forever of mobile. It went into beta two years ago and been in development for some time already at that point.

Is it likely to be iPad only?

It’s been a while since I played the first Monument Valley. The second one did seem a little shorter than I remember the first, and I was only briefly stuck a couple times, but I don’t remember being stuck much in the first one either.

Monument Valley 2 is definitely shorter. There are a few things that are interesting about it (one new game mechanic, which I wanted more of) and some levels you have two characters to navigate with. Overall, I found it worthwhile, but felt it ended too soon. I hope they release more levels.

Free (normally $4.99) for the first time!

Wait-what… how?! Did it turn free-to-play?

There are only two IAPs listed for the app:

• Unlock All Creature Skins for $9.99
  • Increased Skin Drop Rate for $4.99

It seems like it’s an iOS-specific promo, as well - it’s still full price on every other platform.

It seems the PC/Mac version got the same IAP, while being still priced full so… wow, thanks for the tip! I quite enjoyed the first game on PC.

Age of Rivals is out, and on sale for a ludicrous .99

Villains of the Multiverse is out for Sentinels on iOS! Go Go Go!

Edit: iOS players, do NOT update. There is a confirmed issue.

I updated T__T
But I am playing the Steam version again for some reason, so why do I complain!
The extended multiverse links are really convenient and quite awesome when you are not a master of the multiverse.

Warhammer Quest just updated to 64 bit in case anyone else had been worried about losing it.