iOS Games Thread

Motorsport Manager 2, the sequel to the great Motorsport Manager (1), has just been released.

I was looking at this, but it appears that it just brings the mobile version to be on par to the PC version. Unfortunately most of the mobile sites (especially Touch Arcade), are just PR outlets anymore and don’t actually tell you anything about it.

Shame they never got in random driver generation. The same six drivers available for every team kind of sucks.

Ticket to Earth is on sale for $2. Interesting puzzle-tactics hybrid. I grabbed it and have been enjoying it so far.

Ticket to Earth is pretty fun. I put a lot of hours into it and was a little disappointed when I topped everything out.

I’m eagerly waiting for Episode 2 to come out.

Arnold Rauers, of Card Crawl (nice…) and Card Thief (very nice!) fame, has released his latest in the heat of summer: Miracle Merchant.

It’s the usual card solitaire game with a score emphasis of his. No unlocks, if that is your thing.
I am enjoying it, but Onirim’s expansion spree is drawing a very long shadow over it.

Thanks for posting, will have to check it out. Really enjoyed Card Crawl, but never played Card Thief. Looks like you liked it, so I should probably check that out too.

Card Theif was pretty good but in the end I think I like the pickup simplicity of Card Crawl. But I think I’m in the minority of that opinion. Both are great games.

Definitely going to check out the new one.

Lords of Waterdeep is getting updated to 64 bits for the next iOS compatibility, and a (probably terrible - it’s Playdek) PC port. Then I read about a “visual upgrade”. Last time this happened to a favorite of mine (Neuroshima Hex), it was a massacre, and sure enough…

And my personal award for the worst visual gimmick goes to…

My friend and I have been playing Playdek’s Summoner Wars the past couple of days, but now neither of us can connect to the servers. It’s been like this for over 2 days. Anyone else have the app to help us see if it works?

Just tried, exactly the same problem.

Thanks for trying… I sent Playdek an email so hopefully they’re workong on it (no idea why it would take over two days thought for a game I assume is very lightly populated).

Just got around to watching that and W. T. F?

Why do so many developers think camera movements the player is not in control of are ever a good idea?

I think it is tied to the player’s cursor on the PC version demonstrated, and I suspect it might be tied to the gyroscope on iOS device, the same way Apple uses it for their 3D depth effect on their app browser screen (if you don’t cut off visual effects, something that I personally gladly do, to avoid all that visual noise).
Excepting in this case, it looks more like drunken boardgaming… I must confess the effect reminds me of the animation of Victor, from the infamous language teaching method.

Apparently it is a setting that can be disabled.

Bottom of the 9th, a board game part from Handelabra, has been released.

I am very intrigued by, but having zero familiarity with the board game, it looks very much luck based, and thus could turn into a frustrating single player experience as I don’t know of anyone to play it with. Or am I wrong?

Just a heads up. Bottom of the 9th is currently iPhone only. It is supposedly going to be universal eventually, but if you intend to play on iPad, it will currently be at 2x

While I have not played the physical version, in dice games that have been converted to digital, I have found I really miss the tangible feel of rolling the dice. Some of the tension and excitement is taken away when they just bounce across the screen after you click “Roll”.

That said, I am sure I will get it because I have heard the board game is good.

“My brother ate my pudding” [sic], the latest in Hap’s crazy line of free games, has been released a few weeks ago.

Only played 5 levels, and already got my share of laughs. Looking forward to the ending!
Edit: and done. Absolutely worth it, as usual.

I bought Bottom of the 9th, but sadly it requires iOS 10, so I cannot install it.
Will report back whenever it works!