iOS Games Thread

My brother just gave me his old Ipad mini, anyone have any updates on stuff you really should have as an Ipad noob? I’ve read through the thread, and picked up some things that I love, just looking for current opinions on recent-ish stuff! Cheers!

Better than eating your pudding.

Darkest Dungeon, Poly Bridge, This War of Mine, Invisible Inc, OXENFREE, Death Road to Canada. These all are available on other platforms but play well on the iPad.

Dreamquest, dreamquest, DREAMQUEST!

And Hungry Cat Picross
, of course. (the game is free to play, you only pay to support the dev or if the ads are annoying you. Anybody sane should be paying to support the dev!)

Thanks, I feel like I should play something besides Polytopia all the time :P

Seconding the vote for Invisible Inc., also Rebuild 3 is a great zombie game Tom has raved about, and even if you’re not playing on “impossible” difficulty like he does, it’s an excellent waster of time.

Thanks for this suggestion. I love Picross of all kinds and haven’t had one on my iPhone in awhile. Although, their way of showing clues is different than others I’ve done with color… Still fun though!

I personally suggest avoiding the clues (I couldn’t use them on my first playthrough, because of a bug that prevented them from being awarded actually!): they are too generous in my opinion, and most puzzles aren’t that hard. There are a few ones I got stuck for over 10 minutes, though :O

Are there any other you could suggest for iOS, or even the 3DS? Besides Paint it back (which is pretty awesome too!), I have tried only a couple of free ones and they weren’t friendly.

Ahem. This is the best. :)

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/picross-3d-round-2-3ds

(There’s a demo too)

I am sorry, but I am 3D inept, and I never could wrap my mind around the first Picross 3D game :(

That’s a shame, Round 2 is a superb game. Slick.

Yeah, it’s fantastic. For the most part you don’t really have to deal with anything 3d, it’s just a series of 2D layers.
On iOS I haven’t come across anything better than Paint It Back.

@Left_Empty should give the demo a go! It starts out simple enough anyway, and as you say … 2D layers! :)

ふOh, no harm in trying that, then! I have trouble getting used to the fact there is an internet door open in the Nintendo world nowadays.
I remember trying to figure the 3D picross puzzles as blocks I had to carve a scultpture in, instead of simply layers. I really hope it was just a mistake of mine, now!
Edit: finished the demo, grabbing the game tomorrow.

Maybe somewhere up-thread that I missed, but holy cow, is Final Fantasy Tactics ever a great port/version on iOS. This version is actually better, much better, than the original. Ability to skip cutscenes??? Auto battle AI settings??? Navigation of the game also lends itself pretty well, and in some cases better, than the original controls.

What a fantastic update of one of my favorite games of all time. Already have about 10 hours into it and fully stuck in to building up my jobs/party. If anyone doesn’t have this, and has considered it, it’s great in my opinion.

That’s funny. I thought the sound quality was so horrifically bad I didn’t finish the first fight.

Is there a confirmation of FFT being compliant with 64bit iOS when it kills all the older stuff? FFT hasn’t been updated since 13.

Unfortunately, FFT is a 32 bit app.

Oh shoot, I think I bought it dirt cheap at the last sale. Oh well. I still have my iPad 2 handy (until the kids break it) assuming it works on that.

To be fair, I think the theme of the last sale was “Get it before it goes off the store” or something, although they probably didn’t make it that clear because it’s against all their beliefs.