iOS Games Thread

Apple TV 4k, announced today, will be an HDR monster for media. Not sure on games. iPhone X is gonna be amaaaaaaazing for games.

We talked about this awhile ago, supposedly they will be posting an update this month for 64bit, or so they told Touch Arcade.

I missed this post. Just saw on reddit it’s out now. Now I can grind in 64 bits!

Final Fantasy Tactics for iOS was just updated with 64bit support!

Through the Ages was released ysterday for iOS and Android. I believe it’s $10.

Yep. Who’s playing?

Any interest here in a PBEM game of Eclipse? It’s on iOs as well as Steam.

I’m playing the tutorial (never played the boardgame). Very well done, as slick a conversion as Race for the Galaxy for mobile. Looking forward to learning this. I’ve read the AI is no slouch either.

Anyone know if it’s possible to set up asych games with friends in TTA, as in RFTG?

Yes. You need to sign in with a username, and then you can create a new game with a slot “reserved” for a particular player.

From BGG page:

The Stats:

Blockquote Compatibility: iOS Universal, Android
Current Price: $10
Developer/Publisher: Czech Games Edition
Version: 1.0.60
Download Size: 119 MB (iOS)
Multiplayer: Online asynchronous and pass-and-play
AI: Yes, 3 levels

So, yes! EDIT: Beaten to the punch by @magnet

There is also a ton of async options:

3 hours/turn, 12 hours/turn, 24 hours/turn, 3 days/turn, and “endless” time per turn.

Finally, there are several “blitz” options:

90-180 sec/turn, 4-6 min/turn, and 20 minutes/turn

I believe the timers are not hard, because all of those modes include a fixed amount of “reserve” time that I think you can draw from throughout the game. For example, the 20 minutes/turn blitz mode has 16 hours of reserve, which you can use to stop the game at night and resume the next day.

This implementation is super. I am spacerumsfeld in the world of Through the Ages.

Thanks! You can create a game with 3 or 4 players too, I assume?

Yes.345

Brooski, I sent you a friend request (from AnanabTilps).

Who wants to join us for a 3p game?

Me? Wait, no, not yet, I don’t know what I’m doing!

-Tom

I’ll join!

Got it!

OMG OMG Tactical Space Command has been updated to 64 bit!

This is one of the games I most feared losing with iOS11. If anyone hasn’t tried it yet, it’s definitely worth a look. It’s basically the love child of Harpoon and MOO2. Conquer planets, conduct research, manage fleets, assign and promote officers (!) all in pausable real time while staring at a screen that looks like it belongs on a console of Battlestar Galactica.

And one of a dying breed of fully premium games with a free demo.