iPad dropping hospital WiFi every time I close lid

A year ago it never did this so I don’t know what’s changed. But every single time I close my lid it drops the hospital WiFi and will not reaquire it on its own, so I need to go into settings and manually choose the WiFi again every time my tablet goes to sleep. Anyone know what might be causing this?

Is it one of those WiFi hotspots you need to sign in to?

It has a terms of service agreement message and then you’re in. But I only have to accept that the first time I’m there. Subsequent times during the day I don’t have to, I just have to re-select their network from the list of available networks. And that’s the main thing I guess. When I close the lid or the ipad goes to sleep, I am immediately kicked off and need to re-select their network again.

Just out of curiosity, if you forget the network and rejoin, does that make it go away? It almost seems like there is some sort of timeout happening on their end.

Forgot the network? Like if I kick myself off the network and re-select it?

Ugh, those things are so awful and prevented me from getting on the hotel wifi with my phone when we were moving a couple months ago.

Hi Jeff,

Try this:
Settings
Wi-Fi
Tap the (i) at the right of the hospital network you’re connected to
Tap “Forget This Network”
Confirm “Forget”

Then try to re-connect to the network. Hopefully it will pick up whatever changed from last time and you’ll stop losing the connection.

Also, get well soon and get back on that home wi-fi!

Thanks! I had to go to see if I bowel had perforated my abdominal muscle so I’m back home now. Will give that a try when I’m there next week.

This is what I would suggest as well - sometimes some of my iPhone users can’t connect to our guest network, and this is always the solution - it’s been a known issue with iOS devices for some time now.

I have a new worst nightmare.

I’ve never experienced either, but a prolapsed rectum sounds just about as scary.

I have experienced that in some airports as well, and I fear it is a new trend of kicking people out of the network as soon as they don’t look at their screen. It would be pretty terrible to do that in an hospital in my opinion, where you can expect people to try to reach or be reached using that network.

Not rectum lol. Intestine through abdom muscle due to surgical incisions and coughing fits.