iPhone/iPod Touch Games Thread

Rolando is now 5.99.

The $10 price point is hard to hold on the iPhone.

Sold!

It was way up on the Paid Games charts for ages at 9.99, I’m sure they made a good profit off it.

I’ve been playing “Trace” and it’s a pretty awesome little game. Best part is it’s free.

I’ve been enjoying “Space Ninja.” It’s a bullet-hell scrolling shoot-em-up, without the shooting bit–all about dodging the storm of things that will kill you. Accelerometer-controlled, and it gets around the usual lack of precision there by putting you into bullet-timey zoomed-in view whenever you touch the screen.

Blue Attack! was just released

Very fun game for 1.99. Love the graphic style and the ability to upgrade your ship. All ipod games should have this level of control over movement settings.

App Store game of the year confirmed.

I hope its Peggle II or some sort of custom version of peggle on the iphone. One thing I’ve noticed about popcap is their hand held games tend to be several versions behind the pc released. I don’t mind it being delayed but I’ve played some of these games to death a year or more ago.

It’ll be interesting to see how they handle aiming - I imagine it will be something of a challenge to implement, particularly fine-tuning.

I’d just like to dump on all you iPhone users, and tell you that the G1 is far superior.

http://www.t-mobileg1.com/

:P

I’ve used one of them - wasn’t that convinced by it.

Real men use real keyboards.

Ah! But real touchscreen devices have an on-screen keyboard!

iPhone/iPod Touch Games Thread

GTFO!

I’m surprised your battery charge lasted long enough for you to write this post.

I have a general app store question. I recently updated my Geocaching iphone app, and after the update it just would launch and then crash. So I restarted the iphone and still no luck. Then, I deleted the app with the intention of reinstalling it to see if that would fix the problem. Do I now have to repurchase this application? That seems to be what the store is telling me. Trying to sync the app in question from itunes on my computer won’t work either and results in an error. What is going on?

p.s. my iphone is jailbroken, if that makes any difference.

I’m not sure what is going on with your application but if you “repurchase” from the AppStore it should be smart enough to know you own that application and not actually charge you again. I vaguely remember going through something similar to what you’re explaining back when the AppStore was new and I “repurchased” some 99 cent app as an attempt to fix it and though the UI before I made the “repurchase” was unclear, it didn’t actually charge me for the app again, it knew I already owned it and just redownloaded it.

Thanks for the tip zero. I did a restore, and that seems to have solved the crash problem.

Haha, touche.