iPhone/iPod Touch Games Thread

Sorry to put this in the iGames thread but I’m really worried. I went to pick up a thunderstorm sleep app that was suggested here and got a message saying my iTunes Apple ID had been disabled due to security reasons. I asked for a password reset be sent to my e-mail and I never received an e-mail from Apple. I then went to do the security question reset and it won’t accept my birthday…

Worse I called Apple and they told me the only way to deal with security issues is via e-mail! The e-mail form then says it will take up to 48 hours before I get a response.

I’m now afraid to turn on my iPad and play my games since I don’t know if this is common, or if my account has been hijacked, or if it will mess up all my apps? If anyone has any advice I’d be really grateful.

I’m sorry but you brought this upon yourself. The frogs have told you a million times that they do not like thunderstorms.

<http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2446&gt;

Did you type in the wrong iTunes password when trying to buy the Thunderstorm app? Did you do it several times and lock yourself out?

From reading the other thread it clear that this device is new to you. It is easy to mistype and even easier with passwords since you cannot see what you have written before you submit.

>I never received an e-mail from Apple.

Check your spam box.

AFL

I’d already done all the autosupport stuff. Got it fixed, apparently someone was trying to access my account and tried to change my birthdate and e-mail address. I know there’s 2 people who have the same name as me and e-mail is nearly identical with one, and he sometimes gets confused. Maybe it was him. I get his financial reports and his kids school updates all the time. Even though I keep e-mailing him to fix this it never seems to be changed.

But, I’m back up! Yea!

Hey guys!

We are developing a new mobile game called FETCH. We want to give you a heads up and hear what you think. In my opinion, this could be the single most beautiful game Big Fish Studios has ever created. FETCH is about a boy and his best friend, his dog Bear. When Bear is taken by a nefarious fire hydrant, the boy goes on a wild adventure to get him back. It is a classic adventure game with arcade mini-games throughout the world.

Check out the trailer.

I’ve been really enjoying Shelter lately. It’s a sort of deckbuilding game about zombies (ugh) but it’s presented really well, and the core gameplay is surprisingly tense.

I’ve gone a bit mad over Game Stew’s latest release, Dungeon of Madness:
Dungeon of Madness by Game Stew

Tap to rotate tiles so your ever moving hero can bash baddies and snag treasure. Dozens of heroes to unlock (like Samurai Girl who seems pretty reminiscent of Uma Thurman of the Kill Bill movies) and zany baddies to encounter, including Killer Clowns.

:D

An Uma Thurman hero? Color me intrigued.

Any IAP nonsense?

I got all inspired, thanks!

The only one I see is $0.99 for 1,000 gold which you could use for 1 time boosts or to unlock some heroes directly, although if going this route to unlock the gold only heroes (not IAP only heroes, there are none, but there are some heroes only unlockable via gold, not achievements). But even there, the straight real cash aspect would get expensive as there are several costing 2000-3500 gold, so you’d be looking at $10+ to unlock them all instantly!

Update: I guess I failed to scroll down, they do pull the classic $4.99, $9.99, etc. which, big surprise, give you bundle discounts on the gold. Take as an example the $9.99 bundle which gets you 17,500 (75% bonus over the straight 10,000 doing 10x $0.99 purchases).

Do NOT click that link.