iPod touch no longer marks podcasts as watched

Out of the blue my iPod touch forgets which podcasts I’ve watched or listened to. Usually they get their little blue dot turned off in the device’s podcast list in iTunes but that no longer seems to happen, and I have to mark them manually as watched in the iTunes library list. What’s going on here? Help?

Okay, now it suddenly works again. I noticed that the shitty horrible iTunes software apparently never shows watched podcasts as watched until you actually do the sync. Last time even that didn’t help, though. Still no idea why.

Maybe it needs to be gently touched?

My iShuffle stopped adding counting song plays once before, I Restore’d it and that fixed it.

I noticed that the shitty horrible iTunes software apparently never shows watched podcasts as watched until you actually do the sync.
Just for the record, isn’t this exactly what you want? IE: for the software to not update any data until you tell it to, if you enable manual sync?

The other data. iTunes maintains two lists of all media: the local mirror and the iPod storage when it’s plugged in. The former should only update its watched markers after a sync, yes, but the latter should directly show the current iPod playback state. Except for some reason it doesn’t.

ah, yes I agree.