Iran blinks?

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060316/D8GCTJMO0.html

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) - Iran said Thursday it was prepared to talk directly with the United States about Iraq, a major shift for a country that has long avoided negotiations with what it calls the “Great Satan.”

This comes right after Bush and Co. reinforce the doctine of “pre-emptive” action.

It’s called stonewalling.

In three months the headline will be “Talks with Iran over Iraq stalled.”

Shit, next week it’ll be “Iranian president accuses Israel of developing ‘gay bomb’.”

Wrong, so wrong. This is reported after the killbot speech. Iran has made several overtures for diplomatic negotiation in the past, which we rejected. You may speculate freely why these overtures aren’t reported on in the mainstream press until it is convenient for Bush.

Seriously, Cindy. Do you not realize that you’re the perfect consumer of media? Like when I see an annoying commericial, or accidentally click onto a terrible sitcom, or see a trailer for the next Uwe Boll film, I ask myself: “Who the hell is buying this crap, that it keeps getting made?”

You. You’re the dumb consumer who reinforces bad products. Thanks.

H.

You really think you are so much smarter than me, don’t you?

You know NOTHING about me, yet your first reaction to a relatively innocuous post is a personal attack. Says a lot about your reasoning processes.

So, you were not inferring a causal relationship between Bush’s speech and Iran’s willingness to talk?

H.

Yes, but you AD HOMINOMINEMED FIRST so the debate can now progress to an ego battle.

My penis is of a perfectly normal size, and I work hard to keep it that way.

H.

You don’t think that your prior 548 posts reveal anything?

Well it’s possible dear Cindy was lying in the last 548 posts, so we either know everything from those posts or that Cindy is a liar.

SHOCKING!

US skeptical of Iran offer on Iraq talks

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House national security adviser Stephen Hadley expressed skepticism on Friday about Iran’s offer to talk to the United States about Iraq, saying it may be an attempt to divert pressure over Tehran’s nuclear ambitions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060317/ts_nm/nuclear_iran_usa_dc

Well, given that my perception of her from her prior posts is that she is a transexual truck driving vietnam vet right winger, hmmmm.

…who likes flight sims.

Admittedly, it’s only the virtaul CindySue that we consider a loon.

BTW, when you only appear in a forum to drop what you consider to be bombshells that prove your rightatude you will be attacked.

Thinking that you would not be, or should not be, only further diminishes our impression of you.

I am saddened that you have a diminished impression of me. It’s good, though, I suppose, that you can all come here and slap each other on the back, and tell each other how great you are.

Male bonding is such a lovely thing (I’m told).

If you believe that male bonding is about “telling each other how great you are” you obviously haven’t watched enough action movies or read enough superhero comics.

Or gotten the bad ending for MGS.

Snake: “Hal and Dave, huh? HEH!”
Otacon: “HEH!”

Pair drives away on snowmobile; destination: unprotected mansex

Behold the new truthiness as the Washington Post slips false claims into an editorial!

In Iraq – where American soldiers are dying from Iranian-supplied roadside bombs and sectarian violence by Iranian-supported militias is steadily mounting – the Islamic regime has a tacit and sinister offer to make: Back down in New York, and the carnage in Baghdad might just drop off.

Before I have to hear our lunatic fringe start making false claims about Iranian supplied IED’s let’s get the facts out there:

[B]We [/B]have no evidence of this:

The top U.S. military officer said on Tuesday the United States does not have proof that Iran’s government is responsible for Iranians smuggling weapons and military personnel into Iraq.

President George W. Bush said on Monday components from Iran were being used in powerful roadside bombs used in Iraq, and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld said last week that Iranian Revolutionary Guard personnel had been inside Iraq.

Asked whether the United States has proof that Iran’s government was behind these developments, Marine Corps Gen. Peter Pace, chairman of the military’s Joint Chiefs of Staff, told a Pentagon briefing, “I do not, sir.”

Britain already had a go-round with this, and it turned out the offending weapons were based on technology from the IRA that they were given by British Intelligence in a sting operation:

Eight British soldiers killed during ambushes in Iraq were the victims of a highly sophisticated bomb first used by the IRA, The Independent on Sunday can reveal.

The soldiers, who were targeted by insurgents as they travelled through the country, died after being attacked with bombs triggered by infra-red beams. The bombs were developed by the IRA using technology passed on by the security services in a botched “sting” operation more than a decade ago.

I guess you can’t spell Iran without IRA, so there’s that.

I feel like this discussion sort of embodies what’s wrong with politics at the grass roots level. We’re so quick to try and score something for our side that we stop paying attention to the forest in order to focus on and claim the tree.

Is Iran blinking because Bush took a strong stand? Is Iran stonewalling because they have other nuc-U!!!-lear intentions, nefarious or not? Has international diplomacy skewed so far from any real degree of integrity that the outcome of this one particular incident is somewhat irrelevant since the problem will just keep recurring until countries deal with each other on a different level?

Who knows, I guess. But for the conservatives and republicans out there still on the wagon… it’s okay to finally admit that Bush is bad for this country and stop supporting him. Mussolini made the trains run on time, Hitler got Germany back to work and kept many in the nation from starving. Even bad leaders get something right every now and then. You might agree that Saddam had to go, or that Bush is right on something else, but I just can’t believe that you can truly stand by him or behind him anymore.

Iran is a real problem. Bush has exacerbated that problem, and hopefully has not laid the groundwork that permanently holds us back from finding some solution on our end.

/crazy irrelevant ranting

mussolini did not make the trains run on time.

http://www.snopes.com/history/govern/trains.htm