Iron Man 2 - Seen it, bring your spoilers here

I was hoping for that too. Director Jon Favreau had stated in interviews for the first movie that he wanted to have The Mandarin be slowly revealed like the Emperor in the original Star Wars trilogy.

Did Tony Stark have a thing about not liking people handing him things in the first movie?

$5.75 for the matinee here.

I quite enjoyed it. There were a few wonky things and I didn’t think it was as fun as the original but a hell of a lot better than most sequels.

$5 even here :)

It’s like 1995 or something!

Yeah I picked up on that as well.

As I mentioned above, there was a credit for “10 rings Henchman” or something similar. So, it’s still out there, just dormant.

Nothing exciting, apparently it was the thug who gave Whiplash his fake passport…

Yeah, that’s great and all, but credits don’t really count. That’s not just dormant. That’s hibernation. If they couldn’t be bothered to have the guy say ‘the Ten Rings giffs you these documents with their blessinks, comrade’ then they had no real interest in indicating that the Ten Rings still exists.

$4.50 here on wednesday (discount day)

Whiplash had a ring tattoo that caught my eye. On his right hand. Might have had several.

When Pepper was with the Hammer IT guys, I thought I head one of them say, “the Mandarin network is down” or something like that.

But yeah, needs more Mandarin.

You would suffer through an existence in Idaho for lower ticket prices?

You’re dedicated to movies, I’ll grant you that.

I thought it might be a play on that ridiculous pause they did when Happy handed him product placement in the first movie.

I think it was enough that it was all over Cheadle’s face.

I’m guessing that it was supposed to book end the movie but probably thought redundant with the roof scene. The way they make these Iron Man movies I bet there’s a ton of odd stuff not in the final cut.

Olivia Munn was cut out of the movie in the editing room but Jon Favreau liked her enough that he recasted her as a reporter at the Stark Expo.

Saw it last night in IMAX. Lots of silly plot holes? Sure. But I enjoyed it much more than the first.

I thought IM1 was just OK, and I was also in the category of people indifferent to ever watching it again. In particular, having a 60-year-old villain in a giant robot suit didn’t make a really exciting climax for me. So I was much happier with extra characters and sideplots in IM2, and the end battle being brief. Did they all make sense? Not even remotely. But I found that a lot more entertaining than watching a bunch of armored suits endlessly slap each other around.

Sluggo says: B.

You do realize that the shield was in some sort of a prototype or creating phase, right? I honestly doubt they’re going to let the Captain’s shield look that pieced together.

And I think the Marvel universe can’t have as much of a dramatic and serious swing to it; the DC movies are movies that are all separated and distinct from another,and can tell these grandiose tales without stepping on the toes of the other movies. The Marvel universe movies are beginning to be sort of condensed into one giant narrative that is split up over multiple movies, and as such, they have to be a little lighter and not as densely plotted, mostly in case something needs to happen in a movie that seems a little farfetched, just so it can work in another movie (Why is Tony Stark working on Captain America’s shield in the first place?)

I’m alright with this, too, and I’d actually prefer if the DC movies didn’t start combining like the Marvel movies are. Let the DC universe be the super serious, super dramatic high caliber movies (If they’d release one that isn’t the Dark knight but on par with quality), and let Marvel worry about the huge universe with lots of character that is pieced together by all the movies.

I think Rhodes kept the suit because once he’s used it and felt the power, there was just no way he was going to let it go. I can relate to that ;)

Tony wasn’t working on the shield btw, his dad was and it has just been laying around the building since then. It’s probably made of the same stuff he just rediscovered too.

Oh God, did stark just discover Adamantium? Makes sense.

Thiis movie was perfectly mediocre—weak story and special effects. The meta-story stuff killed what could have been a good film. We end up withFury telling us about Tony’s daddy issues, and curing the film’s main plot conflict with an injection and an old box full of film.

Vibranium, not Adamantium. and he rediscovered it, his dad already knew about it ;)

Thought it was Vibranium actually.