Ironcaast - Roguelike Steampunk TBS With Mechs & Match-3 Combat

I sure hope this turns out as good as it looks

I recall a kickstarter for this at some point? Or am I thinking of something else…?

Victorian

Steampunk

Match-3 rpg?

How do I not already have this in my life?

In case you’d like actual info on the game instead of a video of Some Random Internet Guy Babbling On While He Plays A Game, here’s the official site and here’s the link to its Steam page. And here’s the Kickstarter campaign lordkosc mentioned.

-Tom

Awesome - And for IOS as well. My GF will love it! Thanks for sharing this.

This looks delightful. I am sorry I missed the Kickstarter.

Not that I’ve seen. PC/mac/Linux. iOS would be great, though.

Seriously. Sign me up for the Android port.

I saw it here, but yeah, it doesnt look like it?

This activated on Steam for me this morning. I played through the tutorial and 3 or 4 matches. I really like it so far! So far, the activation system seems to make for some interesting choices in combat, with different abilities requires two different colors of gems. I love the visuals. The setting seems great. The out-of-combat system seems to be oriented around selecting missions that lead towards a boss fight. Collecting certain kinds of points will supposedly make the boss fight easier. It looks like missions might time out and be replaced by other choices. Ending the game (winning or losing) provides points towards unlocking additional characters/etc.

I’m really liking what I see so far.

Great to hear. I’m totally jealous and wish I had known about the Kickstarter for this one, but the rest of us will have to wait a couple of days to get it.

Are you a reviewer or are they pulling an early stealth-release?

Kickstarter backers are able to play as of today.

I see, said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw.

Not only am I not a reviewer, but probably no one should listen to my opinion. I have a ridiculously broad range of taste in games, and a terrible habit of playing a game for 2 hours, loving it, then getting distracted by something else shiny and never getting back to it.

That said, I know what I’m playing this evening… :)

You sound like me. I have horrible gaming ADD. No sooner have I bought a game and installed it, I’m already shopping for another.

Curious about the long-term replayability. Reading through the kickstarter updates, it seems there are only two bosses?

Any firm info on an iOS release?

I’m not sure there is going to be an iOS release. Someone linked to a 3rd-party website that mentioned one, but they may have been mistaken.

“Someone” has a name and real feelings, you know…