Is a re-release of GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas worthy of its own thread?

Nice! Day one San Andreas on Game Pass.

Vice City is only one where I didn’t play the story yet (I played hours and hours and hours of activities after my friends had already unlocked everything by playing through the story first). So I’m looking forward to that campaign with Ray Liotta. But that can wait as I revisit San Andreas first.

Any word on the soundtrack? Will the games feature all the original licensed music?

No specific mentions, but their world blurb about the games mention them having unforgettable music. Hopefully that means they’re trying to relicense everything and will hopefully be successful.

That’s not at $60 paintjob to me. That’s like a “we’re actually remastering these for the latest gens of smartphones, not consoles”

Game Pass or $20 at most.

This seems like a very minor remaster. Some higher res textures; some minor improvements to models; a couple of new shaders; done.

The biggest improvement will (hopefully) be an unlocked frame rate and better controls.

I’d say that Rockstar is in its bloated-Brando phase now, fat and sweaty on unending GTA V Online money. Not holding my breath that this remaster will be nothing but quick and dirty.

Actiblizzard can suck 17 cocks, but they get my approval for tossing Vicarious Visions at their remakes. VV’s been around and knows their shit.

I don’t know, but it’s been way too long since a GTA game has featured a classical music/opera station.

Here we go, here’s the music that made it, and the music that didn’t.

Overall, I’m pretty happy. I was dismayed at first because I only looked at what’s listed as missing. But then I started looking through the list of what made it, and most of the good stuff made it, thank god. It’s a shame they couldn’t get all of it, especially V-Rock in Vice City, which took a big hit, but all in all, not bad.

That hurts. Cum On Feel the Noize is one of my favorite songs of all time and Ozzy one of my favorite artists.

I played through the beginning of the game (San Andreas) through game pass. Man, time has not been kind to the graphics, and neither have the visual upgrades, all that much. But still, I’d forgotten that this GTA game have you stats, and you had to lower your fat and build up your fitness and skills. And in the beginning of the game, I keep running out of stamina while riding the bike, so I can’t pedal! Holy smokes that’s annoying.

Now it’s all coming back to me. The reason why the first thing we did in this game is spend a bunch of time in the gym, building up CJ’s stamina.

The songs lost wasn’t ass bad as expected. Still not sure if it’s worth it but I do love the older GTA’s. I wish they had done some real graphic overhauling but ah well.

This thing is getting savaged. Maybe I’ll wait a while to pick it up.

The PC version of it broke so hard that no one can use the Rockstar launcher and play RDR2 right now, even. Well done.

If anyone’s got the old versions on Steam and are keen to play them all spruced up with the original music, there’s a handy drag and drop solution. It’s super simple to get them working beautifully:

Based on all I’ve seen and heard, there’s a disgusting amount of cynicism from Rockstar about this release.

I mean, not only did they hand the job over to a dev that created a notoriously bad mobile version of SA – the second time’s a charm, I guess. Never mind that’s there’s reports that the remaster has some of the same bugs as the mobile version. Jesus Christ.

There was a total review embargo dropped down. There’s reports of the remasters crashing consoles. Since when was crashing consoles acceptable? And have a look at the various reddit threads showing textures basically consisting of the originals dumped willy-nilly into AI upscalers, and never human-reviewed.

Trash, fucking garbage it is. Toss the job to a low-ball set of cheap mobile chumps. “Naw, it’ll be fine” QA. Kill the originals, the dump it on a shite home-brewed CDN just so you can squeeze every last penny out of it. Then have the shite home-brewed CDN take a gigantic dump on release.

Fuck you, Rockstar.

Reading through the ResetEra thread is pretty entertaining. What a disgraceful money-grab. Looks like shit, buggy as hell, runs terribly even on top-end hardware, and it costs $60.

This is my favorite.

The tweets here (https://twitter.com/NationalPepper) are just the absolute authority on what a disaster this is. There’s even dev and source files included in the Switch distro… oh LOL

I had very low expectations for this and obviously everyone has been ripping it to shreds, but man the Digital Foundry is just brutal. Even my cynicism about the release wasn’t sufficient for the reality:

How the fuck do you fail to hit 60fps at 864p on a PS2 game? There’s probably more polygons in a modern game’s protagonist than in the whole of GTA 3. Another highlight: the PS4 version is better than the PS5 version on PS5.