Is Arrested Development the best thing on TV?

So what’s the deal with the rest of this season? Are they still finishing out thirteen episodes or what?

According to the official site, it’s back this Monday.

Wow, tonight’s was one of the best episodes ever. Positively hilarious, and at the same time, more emotionally affecting than anything else on TV. The last minute summed up everything I love about the show… Rita walking off on the pool was downright heartbreaking, and the gotcha in the next episode preview was hysterical.

It makes me even sadder to see it go.

And fun fact for those who don’t know: Buster singing Mr. Roboto in the car was a reference to the Volkswagon commercial that Tony Hale was in. The one where he’s singing Mr. Roboto.

Yeah, I cracked up when I saw that. This episode is only the third I think I’ve seen of this season, and the first couple didn’t impress me (I voted The Office in the poll in the other thread), but this had me laughing almost the whole time. Buster’s Mr. Roboto, George having Super Dave go to the mirror so he could argue with and fire him, the bit about the plastic surgery with the shot from Monster, and then in the “Next week on Arrested Development” the whole “gotcha” was great, as well as–I think it was Tobias who was on fire–Tobias yelling as it faded out “WHY CAN’T I FALL IN THE WATER?!”

Gotta love the running ‘wink’ gag. ;)

I honestly found last night’s episode to be quite unfunny… can’t quite put my finger on it, but I don’t think I laughed once.

Are you an MRM?

That’s “Mr. M,” to you.

Rita corny, Michael.

I think the running gags are the best part of the show.

The ‘Next Week’…

I just lost it. Absolutely lost it. To leave you hanging on such a sweet, weird, un-AD moment before, then to turn it around at the last second. Perfect.

So glad to see Theron gone. The Rita thing was just too over-the-top.

Some great moments in this one despite her presence, though.

Regarding Brit talk, Tobias saying “Like how they refer to ‘tourists’ as ‘poofters.’”

George Michael reciting statute and codes on the legalities of cousins marrying…

My wife missed Tobias yelling at the end, and I had to rewind the recording, just so I could explain to her why I just …couldn’t…stop…laughing.

I missed that too, dammit! Even reading it makes me laugh, though.

I disagree. I think, from a story perspective and in terms of artistic merit, the Mr. F arc was the strongest yet. The fact that it started out as a big conspiracy, and ended up being the self-absorbed Bluth family just running into something that they couldn’t comprehend, because it wasn’t about them… I thought it was great.

Edit: and then the next episode preview, which shows everything returning to self-absorbed normalcy.

“Why am I not going under water? Dear God, WHY AM I NOT GOING UNDER WATER?”

That was hilarious, it just cracks me up reading it again and imagining Tobias’ panicked voice.

So does anyone know if we get another new episode next week?

“Her?”

I believe so. The site now says “Mondays 8/7C,” so I think it’ll be on every week until they run out of episodes.

And here comes Justine!
http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|98998|1|,00.html