Is Arrested Development the best thing on TV?

Man, never watch AD when you’ve got a lingering cough, because trying to breathe becomes utterly painful at times when you’re too busy cackling. The show was on fire tonight. I utterly lost it in the second half with all the Prison Break references and hilarious lines.

Tobias sitting there dying of Graft versus Host and the benefit just made me scream with laughter.

I dunno. I have been a big fan of the previous few episodes, which I thought were on 100% of the time. Tonight there really wasn’t a “Giant Mole vs Spaceman” or “DEAR GOD, WHY AM I NOT FALLING INTO THE WATER” moment where I just lost it.

I’m so glad I didn’t cry.

Take it back, looks like I’m going to be crying after all:

the unscripted show “Skating with Celebrities” takes up residence in the 8 p.m. Monday timeslot after that.

For Christ’s sake.

“Only losers go to these things with their parents. I’m taking my son.”

“Ovarian cancer… well, I guess we all know who put in that one.” [tosses ballot aside]

“It’s a jetpack, Michael. What could possibly go wrong?”

Fox doesn’t deserve this show.

“She has a name, Mother… AND IT’S ‘MOTHER’!”

Anyone else notice what part fell off the turtle?

The double take that Michael does after the “I need the moisture” line was pure comedy gold.

Oh, please God, please, please, please.

There’s Hope!
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117934587?categoryid=1238&cs=1&s=h&p=0

Boyfighting! Greatest. Freaking. Episode. Evar! I can’t breathe right now, laughing too hard.

“The Bob Loblaw Law Blog”

I love this one line…

Gob: We’ll the the best banana stand in the OC…

Michael: Don’t call it that…

Or something to that effect. Nice little jab at The OC. ;)

“While Tobias tried to get his mouth around Bob Loblaw…”

I saw Henry Winkler’s new show yesterday.

He downgraded. :/

I loved the bit where they went:

“This was not as exciting as it seems.”
“It was slightly funny to yellow submarine though, but who could afford it”

Then immediately play yellow submarine under the sequence where they build the fake Columbia.

Oh no they di-int! I can’t find the lyrics, partly because Fox appears to have stopped updating the “In Case You Missed It” section of the official site, but that was a similar song about a yellow boat.

Two hour AD season finale tonight on Fox! This is actually more like the series finale on Fox, but the buzz is that Showtime is going to pick up the show as soon as Fox cancels it.

I sure hope you’re right, buddy. I’m gonna tape 'em all tonight. Can’t wait.

Yeah. It was some horrible ripoff. Incredibly amusing.
They really need to release some of the music stings from the show. I need that Fumke Family Singers album!

I still can’t get over the fact that the guy who does all their music also did the theme to Deadwood.

I feel like I just watched history in the making. One of the finest shows of all time, goes out with just about the most perfect exit ever.

RIP Arrested Development

(Yeah, maybe it will come back somewhere else… but still)